Thinking of piccking up an 05-10 gt, advice welcome

tw557

Reaction score
Well I got to take an 08 gt stick for a test drive today. It had a dead battery but got it jumped. It had what looked and sounded like a cat back. Everything with motor looked stock. I have to say I was hoping for a lot more power. It did seem geared very high though. Dealer didn't have window sticker to check gearing. Ran smooth and linear power just much less roll on then the ecoboost. Top pull was a little better though or felt that way because of the low torque down low maybe. Handling and suspension and brakes better then I expected though.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can find out the rear gears by the sticker in the door jamb. Just get the code and you can look it up.

tw557

Reaction score
I am resurrecting my thread again. I have pretty much determined I am not planning to upgrade the Ecoboost for a 15 GT. I have test drove 4 GT's and have not been impressed. Sure the top end was nice but the torque really is not there. Even compared to the ecoboost and won't be driving in the 4000+ rpm range that much.
So today a test drove an 05. The dealer said alot was done to it. I figured yeah right. Well I must admit I was impressed. It had a full exhaust, the headers looked aftermarket,BBk? Throttle body, CAI and most of all Cams. It sounded so good. It really pulled quite well even as low as 3000 rpm. The one guy at the dealer supposedly knows what has been done. Maybe I can find out tomorrow. I am really interested in the details especially if I don't end up with this one but try and make my own. It was a little ragged cosmetically. Different nose poor paint job, swirl marks all over the black, fair amount of big paint chips, drivers seat duct tapes with a seat cover on it. But mostly I had a heck of a time getting it into 3rd gear when I was running it hard. Better at normal speed. Seemed like a very short throw. But man it did sound and run good. No idea of the gear ratio. They are asking 12900 but as I talked and mentioned blue book of 10000 he said we might be able to work something out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back