Raptor shift light off of PCM feed

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score
Good info I know the pcm method works with anything requiring a cto. Don't know if that is the same with the coil wire hook up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know for sure if a msd window switch will work connecting to the pcm connector on an 05?

I know the 07-up has a tach out put but haven't seen anything on the 05-06 for sure

Also has anyone thought or do u know if there is a wire going to the obd plug that has a tach signal?

I wander about this because my aeroforce gauge reads rpm spot on....maybe there is something in the gauge but it has to read some signal from that port and I would assume the wires going to that port transfer those signals. ...my aeroforce works great for a digital tach when I want to read it that way and ive set my shift light up in it ans it has been working without any issues

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Good info I know the pcm method works with anything requiring a cto. Don't know if that is the same with the coil wire hook up.

Is not, the CTO is an actual 8 cyl signal (4/rev) with the coil wire, it is 1 cyl (0.5/rev) frequency is very low, for a shift light, no biggie, it only needs to read higher freq/revs but for other things, not good, if you get to monitor that, at idle is all over the place.

Anyone know for sure if a msd window switch will work connecting to the pcm connector on an 05?

I know the 07-up has a tach out put but haven't seen anything on the 05-06 for sure

Also has anyone thought or do u know if there is a wire going to the obd plug that has a tach signal?

I wander about this because my aeroforce gauge reads rpm spot on....maybe there is something in the gauge but it has to read some signal from that port and I would assume the wires going to that port transfer those signals. ...my aeroforce works great for a digital tach when I want to read it that way and ive set my shift light up in it ans it has been working without any issues

No CTO on pre-07, the aeroforce uses actual PCM's CAN data.

91svtcoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Is not, the CTO is an actual 8 cyl signal (4/rev) with the coil wire, it is 1 cyl (0.5/rev) frequency is very low, for a shift light, no biggie, it only needs to read higher freq/revs but for other things, not good, if you get to monitor that, at idle is all over the place.

So no real good source for a tach signal unless u get a tach adapter then or purchase the digital window switch and correct the setting after tapping into the cop wire

On my 06 back when I purchased it new...I used a wire in the passenger side floor board kick panel aera but I cant find any info on that now....it seemed to work fine? Can u provide any information on what I may have tapped into there?

Fordbanger

forum member
Reaction score

At idle speed mine holds at the desired rpm. Also have used it for a window activation switch. Which didn't activate until 2000 Rpm's. So maybe that's reason it seems reliable for my source use. Good info though i will defiantly keep this in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back