2008 "tigermachine II" Bullitt Mustang build, Pics & Video on Post #518 ...

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so did the cracked cam phaser cause damage to the Livernois limiter or the other way around? I got the cam phaser lockouts I believe.
Matt,

I really don't know which caused what with the passenger Livernois phaser.

Maybe when the spring broke that got the phaser timing off and then slamming the rest of it and that broke/cracked the phaser.

Seems like that would be the case as if it were the other way around and the Crack was 1st ???

It seems to me that would not have really caused the Spring to break.

But I sure don't know and I doubt there is any real way to know which happened 1st.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm.... something to think about.
Here is what has actually ran through my mind on this.

The below could have just as easily been mine or worse ...........

Caught his engine on FIRE !!!
Below is the post to his dilemma .......

Fire on 10-12 - S197 Mustang Forum - S197Forum.com

post_old.gif
10-15-2012, 04:02 PM

#1 retfr8flyr
The Old One
supporting.png

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I think the below says it all just received this from Jon at DBR Performance ............

His text that went with the video simply said, Terry I'll take it out and Test it tomorrow and then it's all your's.

Terry

2008 Highland Green Bullitt Mustang, the "tiger-machine"

image.php

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got back from DBR and talking with Jon (Shop Foreman) doing the work on mine.

He called and ask if I could come by and drop off the SCT tuner.
The idle is slow on the Bullitt after he completed his work yesterday.
Turns out there was an air-leak where the CAI mounts to the Roush S/C.
There is not an O-Ring or Seal and that being the case it had an air leak.
He simply sealed it with the sealer they use and afterwards the idle dropped some.
So he needed the SCT tuner to adjust the idle up a little.

My neighbor drove me over and waited while I talked to Jon a few minutes and he explained and showed me where the air-leak was coming from.

I went ahead and paid the invoice since I was already there and when Jon gets done and calls I can just go pick it back up.

By me leaving the SCT tuner he can adjust the idle and then test drive it to make sure it's exactly right for driving as well as Cold-Start-Up.

Terry

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, I saw this post (below) in another thread. I wanted to reply back in you in the "Honaker" thread.

Actually I do know ............

My set-up is in no-way anything remotely like what you have that's for sure but.

I have many times thought maybe I should have simply stopped when mine was around the 600 RWHP.

Since mine is where it is today, it's been truthfully nothing but and on going never ending freaking headache, both mentally as well as certainly financially.

Terry

Have you ever considered de tuning / lowering the boost a bit? From some of your posts I have gathered the tigermachine is an animal to drive nowadays. Man, there is no shame or loss of pride in it....you built the car super strong and right and that speaks for itself. Just remeber this, HP is just a number, what does matter is the driving experience and feelings the car gives you.

Rm

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, I saw this post (below) in another thread. I wanted to reply back in you in the "Honaker" thread.

Have you ever considered de tuning / lowering the boost a bit? From some of your posts I have gathered the tigermachine is an animal to drive nowadays. Man, there is no shame or loss of pride in it....you built the car super strong and right and that speaks for itself. Just remeber this, HP is just a number, what does matter is the driving experience and feelings the car gives you.

Rm

Rm,

Have I considered and am I still considering lowering the Boost which in turn would lower the over all Power ???

Yes ...........

David (Owner at DBR Performance) has made that suggestion already.
(Before we all found out what was causing the racket with the engine and why)

A very straight forward completely honest answer to that from me is, I really like the Hairy-Ass-Power it has the way it is currently.

If I have further issues I will have no-choice but to let DBR (Detune) it to a lower level.

I think this last Failure of the Passenger Phaser assembly was IMO was brought on by the glob of material stuck in the oil-pump pick-up tube.
That causing I think the oil pressure to the phasers to possibly vary.
Do I or anyone else know that's a fact of why the passenger phaser failed, nope.
But it does seem to me to be a reasonable conclusion since the phasers work off of oil-pressure.

So, what I'm thinking is it was not a fault necessarily of the power, it was more the variance of oil-pressure to the passenger phaser.

If there was no reason at all for the passenger phaser to have Failed I probably would have let David (DBR) detune it on boost.

There you have it as to why I have not detuned it.

Terry

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great reply Terry, thanks for responding.

Also, this thread is epic in the detail department. Which is exactly what everyone loves when reading automotive threads. I think you are one of the best at providing good details, pictures, and entertainment? (you have a great writing style).

Did you mention there was something new in the works "April 2017"?

Rm

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great reply Terry, thanks for responding.

Also, this thread is epic in the detail department. Which is exactly what everyone loves when reading automotive threads. I think you are one of the best at providing good details, pictures, and entertainment? (you have a great writing style).

Did you mention there was something new in the works "April 2017"?

Rm
Rm,

Yes there is something new and it is on the Bullitt Mustang right now.
icon7.gif

Terry

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Terry, go back to stock cams or cams that don't require phaser modifications.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Terry, go back to stock cams or cams that don't require phaser modifications.

For now it's going to stay exactly as it is.

In the future we shall see how things go guys.

Terry, you need hood struts my man... With all the mods you have and no struts, what am I missing?
Scott,

Seibon CF (Carbon Fiber) hood you {Cannot} use any Hood-Struts they bend the hood.

To prevent damage to carbon fiber hoods and trunks/hatches,
Seibon recommends that the stock springs or shocks/dampers/struts not be reinstalled.
Seibon also recommends that hood pins be installed for safety
when installing a carbon fiber hood. more details on -
I did have them and found out the hard way, luckily I caught what was happening and had them removed.

http://seiboncarbon.com/

The reason is if at a car show, cars & coffee in the heat of summer the Seibon will Bend if left open very long at a time ...........

Went back to the stock hood bar and also have to use the extra adjustable prop in picture.

T.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I figured it was something ; I know you would not have at least tried :)

Scott,

Oh yeah I gave it a try and all of a sudden I saw where the hood was bending slightly.

So went back to the instructions and guess what ???

Right there in plain English from Seibon, (Don't use hood-struts).

It's all good now though ............

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 2008 Bullitt Mustang just got back Home !!!

Attention,

For those of you interested I just got the call from Jon at

It was very brief and to the POINT !!!

Come get your Bullitt it's out-front waiting on you.
tango_face_surprise.png
tango_face_surprise.png
tango_face_surprise.png

Ask Cathy if she could take a short break and she said yes and off we went to get the Bullitt.
I did this time reset the Trip Odometer to see how far DBR Performance really is from my house.
It's 16.1 miles from me to them.
tango_face_smile.png

I will be posting the rest of the much more important Details as soon as I receive the pictures from Jon that he took.

I will say that the Machine is Bad-A$$ if any of you are wondering.
tango_face_wink.png

I was ask for a short Demo from a Sergeant with the Franklin Sheriff's Department at the Shell Gas Station on the way home.
He had a GT Mustang and heard me pulling in the Shell Station and pulled in the adjoining gas pumps next to me.
He instantly came over and we talked for like 30-minutes on the Bullitt.
He was a heck of a nice fellow and was All-Over the Bullitt Mustang in great detail.
When I was pulling out to the Side-Street, (Not the Main Road) I gave him a Full-Blown 1st & 2nd gear punch.
The Bullitt went CRAZY when it shifted to 2nd gear and the Roush S/C GUYS was Freaking "SCREAMING" !!!

I was at the main street then and preceded on in a very Calm Manner ...............

Terry

New Signature is coming soon:

image.php

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it back!

Matt,

Well it sure has had it's more than fair share of issues recently.

Nice to have it back where it belongs.

Terry great to see you are back in the seat of the "Tigermachine"!

Scott,

Yes sir back in the driver's seat yesterday afternoon and it was Fun for sure buddy.

Terry

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great to see the beast is back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I cannot believe who just Showed-Up. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have missed seeing and reading your posting buddy.

Thanks for dropping by and checking in.

New post below with all the very latest ...........

Terry

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back