Jodadej's Engine Build Thread

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jason, someone posted you could get the cranks from Lunati, you might give them a call. The big factor with the Eagle cranks is you have to use their rods, due to the journal size.

Earl

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the cams that Fuel is using have been ground for being locked out.
If you are going with a custom grind and specify that you will be locking them out, you may not need the adjustable gears. If you are going to use a cam that isn't designed for lockouts, get the TFS gears.
The VCT is a great feature but 4.6L's were still plenty streetable before they had vct. With the added torque from the compression ratio increase, I don't think you'll have a noticeable drop in performance by locking the cams out.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Earl the eagle stroker crank is the only one with the mismatched sizes. Stock stroke had the same size mains as the rest. This is info off of mod max website.

Also good point about the cams. Sounds like that is the safest way.

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
For sure on the cams being ground to be locked out. Before these cams I had a set of 127500s locked out. They did not have enough retard ground into them to be locked out straight up and the power started falling off at about 4500-4700 rpm. Installed the current cams and makes power all the way to redline now.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Earl the eagle stroker crank is the only one with the mismatched sizes. Stock stroke had the same size mains as the rest. This is info off of mod max website.

I had in my head you were building a stroker, that seems to be all anyone builds anymore. I would find out what the specs on the Cobra cranks are. If they are only turned like .010 under or less, then go with the refurb Cobra cranks over the Eagle. I just don't like the quality control on Eagle cranks.

Earl

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm just saying that was the next name Lloyd threw out. I didn't have the guy at mod check to see how many cobra cranks were available.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
So how do you think the t56 will work with your plan? Probably will be a benefit running a 2:66 1st gear which you have. Also, are you planning on going back to the track when the build is all set and done?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Def want to go to the track, but the 1st gear ratio with 3.55 rear won't get me out of the hole as hard as before. Once in boost though it will be a rocket.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your previous 60' will be a challenge to beat but the chances of the transmission surviving the run have improved.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Subd! Glad to see an engine build thread from you Jason. Your car is what made me go turbo, more specifically the powerhouse kit and its great to see it finally come full circle with a built engine. I think you've done it right with the gradual progression of the car, just makes it seem more realistic if that makes sense. Anyway Can't wait to see the results!

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Thanks guys...The car was dropped off at the shop this am to get the block pulled. I'm hoping to deliver the block and the heads to the builder by the end of this next week since I'm going on a cruise.

Fore Stage 2 Return setup was ordered last night. AEM 320 primary with Walbro 465 secondary that will be activated by a Honeywell hobs switch at 2psi. 10an feed, 8 an return.

rayS197

Reaction score
Thanks guys...The car was dropped off at the shop this am to get the block pulled. I'm hoping to deliver the block and the heads to the builder by the end of this next week since I'm going on a cruise.

Fore Stage 2 Return setup was ordered last night. AEM 320 primary with Walbro 465 secondary that will be activated by a Honeywell hobs switch at 2psi. 10an feed, 8 an return.
:clap:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
SHIT JUST GOT REAL!!!!

20140314_102420_zpsqaemxktd.jpg

EDIT: Another picture

20140324_142653_zpsf50eed75.jpg

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I took an 8 day cruise with no service on the 15th. I just spoke with my tuner/shop. The engine is out and I'm hoping to get some pics of that today.

I'm going by the shop tonight to pick up the block and heads to take to the machine shop. While I'm there I'll be delivering the full Stage 2 Fore System. Depending on closing time of the machine shop, I may not be able to get it to him till tomorrow.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Edit: update.... Picked up block today and will drop off at engine builder tomorrow. Found a 99 cobra crank too and will use it over the eagle.

20140324_170041_zpsvi7m1jk9.jpg

Sitting so high

20140324_164727_zpspuvbqiif.jpg
[/URL]

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back