Front drivers side wheel squeak?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Recently I installed a set of GT500 Brembo brakes with Hawk track pads and stainless steel lines.

Now I've noticed when I make spirited left hand turns my front drivers side wheel has a really loud squeaking noise.

When I was changing the oil the other day that wheel was a little harder to turn than the passenger wheel and stopped much sooner, almost like the brake was slightly engaged.

Does this sound like a brake issue or maybe a wheel bearing?

I've tried to catch it on video a couple of times to no avail. I need to borrow a go pro and set it up near the wheel.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
If it started after the brake job, I would say look there first. Might be the hawk pad didn't bed correctly on that side, or isn't in correctly. Check out the pads then look at your bearing. Did you replace the rotors as well?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
If it started after the brake job, I would say look there first. Might be the hawk pad didn't bed correctly on that side, or isn't in correctly. Check out the pads then look at your bearing. Did you replace the rotors as well?

Yea new rotors.

I'm not especially savvy when it comes to brakes. What am I looking for, just uneven wear?

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
So the car definitely pulls to the drivers side when braking. I'm gonna take the wheel off and inspect the brake this next week or so

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back