'96 F250 PowerStroke Build (Another Ridiculous Build Thread Provided by Cam)

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Picked up truck today and having tires mounted now.

91ab7bf2b800576e312369392f05da8a.jpg

Last edited:

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Coming along nicely!! Tires really make a difference!! I have a cover like that on my f250 and really like it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
but....how will you fit a dozen hot women in the bed with a cover on it?

even if they fit under it nobody will know about your place as alpha male and will question your right to be badass

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Coming along nicely!! Tires really make a difference!! I have a cover like that on my f250 and really like it.

Thanks - I was blown away how much better it looks than I anticipated. I searched high and low for covers and came across this one. Looks like it is a soft but really has a hard backing.

but....how will you fit a dozen hot women in the bed with a cover on it?

even if they fit under it nobody will know about your place as alpha male and will question your right to be badass

Lol!

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks - I was blown away how much better it looks than I anticipated. I searched high and low for covers and came across this one. Looks like it is a soft but really has a hard backing.

Lol!

So it folds up? Mine rolls up, made by truxedo... Either way they are convenient and keep anything back there out of sight!

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
Looks absolutely awesome Cam. Definitely jealous of the 60 swap I've got to say. Gear reduction starter does wonders as well. Here's my 97 with a 5 speed.

zyebtg.jpg

Let me know how the power windows and locks swap goes. Been considering this for a while on mine. I attempted to pull a harness from a yard truck in 3 degree weather. I got pretty fed up after I couldn't even find the disconnect on one side.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
I'm impressed. I really like the way that thing sits.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looks absolutely awesome Cam. Definitely jealous of the 60 swap I've got to say. Gear reduction starter does wonders as well. Here's my 97 with a 5 speed.

zyebtg.jpg

Let me know how the power windows and locks swap goes. Been considering this for a while on mine. I attempted to pull a harness from a yard truck in 3 degree weather. I got pretty fed up after I couldn't even find the disconnect on one side.

I love your ride. Was instagram stalking it the other day lol. Yeah I'm excited about the starter and new plugs/relay... going to make it easier to start in the morning.

I got lucky with finding the harness on eBay.

The driver side of the harness is the PITA since it connects next to the driver kick panel but then goes all the way behind the dash to the passenger side as well. I'm pulling the dash any ways so it's not too far out of the way, but still something to no. The harness I got was from a Eddie Bauer F150 and those always had all the 'tech' goodies.

I'm impressed. I really like the way that thing sits.

Thanke Jaye!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Looks awesome dude ... love the new look!!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looks beastly Cam, outstanding job! So whats next?

Looks awesome dude ... love the new look!!

Thanks brochachos!

Have a couple things up next, hoping to get them done this week so I can really enjoy the truck with this nice weather we are having.

*New glow plugs and relay install
*New starter
*Oil dip stick tube fix (repairs the small leak I'm having at the oil pan)
*Replacing the worn out column shifter plunger
*Need to realign steering wheel
*Check brakes - feels like air in the lines
*Inspect front axle - The truck is unfortunately not 100% drivable - one of the brake shields sound like it is making contact with the rotor. They are both rotted out back on the front axle so we are going to take a look closer up.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
If the backing plate IS touching the rotor you should be able to just push it away

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Thanks!

Finally found a set of 40/20/40 seats with power lumbar. Should have them by the end of the month.

They aren't perfect, but should clean up pretty well.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Love it, I wish I could find one around here not rusted to hell to fill my need for a truck

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Update:

Seats should arrive to freight place on Wednesday. I'll pick them up probably Friday or Sat.

Pretty much disassembling the front axle tomorrow and replacing the brake shields. Whole thing needs tie rods too, and the shop who did the lift put the track bar on backwards.

Also ordering new stainless steel brake lines next week to replace all of them, will probably replace the ABS valve too. The pedal feel has sufficiently gotten worse and we think the lines are due to be replaced.

Excited since the truck will be 100% drivable after the work this weekend.

-

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back