'60 F250 & F100 Build.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I brought home a 1960 F250 we got it for a good deal and thought it might be something fun to get running and then just sell off. Well after looking at it and looking around on the internet of fixed up ones I started really liking what I was looking at. Next thing you know my uncle calls me and says he found a 1960 F-100 SWB that looks to be in good shape for a great price. Well he was right the CL add said it was a 1958 but it is truly a 1960. Long story short I called the guy made a deal with him and went to BFE yesterday over on the Oklahoma/Texas boarder and found this gem sitting behind a church. Now it's tear down time.

Here is some pics of both.

The 1960 F-250 2x4.

And the 1960 F-100 SWB. Sexy little gem.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
that's cool. My first car ever was a 1958 ford pick, that I bought when I was 14. By the time I had my license we had put a 429V8 and a C6 auto in it. Needless to say 6 months later had a pretty bad accident, I was fine had a set belt on, but the truck was never the same after that.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
that's a lot of power for 16 year old... lol. glad you where ok tho.

so how hard was it to get that motor and tran in?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Man I would kill to have one of those trucks. Coyote swap, some nice wheels and suspension and be done with it!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Man I would kill to have one of those trucks. Coyote swap, some nice wheels and suspension and be done with it!

That's kind of the idea. Only she will be getting 302/351 on a C4.

Then when I'm done I might take the left over parts and build be a 4x4 250 have a matching pair.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
that's a lot of power for 16 year old... lol. glad you where ok tho.

so how hard was it to get that motor and tran in?

Thanks, it was probably a lot much lol
it actually went in pretty easily from what I remember. Had to make custom motor mounts, cross member for the trans, and shifter linkage. Other than the obvious stuff like wiring, I think that was about it.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Right on. Hoping I can get this thing on the road quickly. I'm on a hunt for a 302/351 and a C4 right now.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Truck got the boot down to the horse barn. Have to get a new motor in my brothers 05 so I can get it out of the shop to start working on my toys.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Well little brother is having a baby girl tomorrow so his car is getting packed up and moved to the barn since it's going to be awhile tell he can get around to fixing his 05 and I'm not going to do it for him. lol ssssooo The 60 short bed will be getting it's spot back in the shop and I can get back to work on it.

Step one will be to pull the body off frame and see how things look. Then do a disk brakes and drop axle.

I've still got to figure out some cool wheels for it. I'm not having any real luck. I might just go with some solid steel wheels and paint them.

anyways be ready for a few photoshops like this....

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
It has happen... woohooo The 05 got packed up and put up safe in the barn and the 1960 made it's way to the shop.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Got her up on the lift and started the tear down process. I spent most of last night killing all the creepy crawlies that seem to have made a home behind ever panel in this truck.

Got to have a magnetic koozie.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet project! A buddy of mine has a '65-ish longbed for a project. You don't see many 57- early 60's Ford trucks around. It's like everyone saved the 53-56's and everything else got scrapped.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet project! A buddy of mine has a '65-ish longbed for a project. You don't see many 57- early 60's Ford trucks around. It's like everyone saved the 53-56's and everything else got scrapped.

step children of the f series as some call them.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't got real far on this project just yet. I've been busy getting some of the shops little projects taken care plus I'm not a big fan of working in the crazy heat here. lol Hoping to switch gears and jump back on this old girl.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Dove back into this project this weekend. I got my money tucked away for it now and it's "GO" time. So the tear down has started.

Next is to get the cab off and all the glass out.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome build. Look forward on watching this. Love the shop/backyard setup you got going.

What are your plans on the motor, keeping it or swapping it out?

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome build. Look forward on watching this. Love the shop/backyard setup you got going.

What are your plans on the motor, keeping it or swapping it out?

Thanks

If everything goes right I should be buying a 92 F150 today. Has a 302 and AOD which should be just fine for this little truck. Plus I'll have all kinds of new panels and interior stuff for my bronco. win win.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back