TheNorm's F-street Auto-x GT

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new here from Canada.

I bought a 2014 GT with track pack for auto-x. I'll be putting pics and vids and what not here.

First thing I did was plastidip the hood vents and 5.0 emblem. I also plan to tint the window.

then I installed the Ford camber bolts, as they are F street legal.

I also had my first auto-x in the car. I was on the stock pirelli, so room for improvement once the RE71Rs show up.

Last edited:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Good looking car. I like the stripe! :thumb:

I'll be honest, white and with the stripe would not have been my first choice. but it is growing on me.

I was watching the local inventory of these cars, and after a few warm spring days, all of a sudden they were selling fast and prices rising, so I had to jump on the last of the "winter priced" GT manual brembo cars.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
here's my previous auto-x car.
It is a Ford Focus in FSP.

on the street i ran 17x9 Cobra replicas under widebody flares.
for auto-x i ran 15x10 wheels with the 275/35R15 Hoosiers.
its has way for grip than the Mustang, but only 1/3 the hp.
10688176_10152247195025855_513978280254456194_o.jpg

919065_10151607331861212_1929858045_o.jpg

7816434662_a8b5265169_b.jpg

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Cool stang and cool focus.

Nobody around me believed that a focus could be a great project car until the ST came out.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
I've ordered new tires from Costco and went to get them installed, which they wouldnt do because the tire load rating was 99 and my door sticker says 100. booo
can't fault them for not wanting the liability, but i wish they couls have told me that over the phone instead of scheduling an appointment, and me driving down there.

anyways, I have the tires in the car, going to find a proper speed shop who will mount them.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Cool Focus! I love those fender flares. Gives the car a totally different look. :thumb:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
I got the RE71R tires installed on Tuesday. they definately have more grip than the stock pirellis.

The size is 285/35R19 on a 9" wheel. a little pinched, but i cant change wheels due to stock class, and I'm stuck with 3.73 gears, so i was worries about a shorter tire limiting my speed in 2nd gear.

I also got a good deal on Koni yellows, so i installed them this week.
I used the milling machine at work to slot the strut lower bolt hole for the Ford Camber bolts, so it was super easy.

next autocross is tomorow.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
test n tune autocross today.
had 14 runs. my first guess for shock setting yeilded the best times, but i didnt know that until i ran the gauntlet of all the permutations. also tested tire pressure.

with this setup it pulls 1.06G lateral.

one of my better runs. not perfect. i think i tagged some cones too. but i didnt feel them while driving
sorry about the sound. it was recorded on my phone.

the track app i use is solostorm. pretty awesome for solo data tracking.

Last edited:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
This weekend my Autox club held an autox school on saturday followed by a full autox on Sunday. I'm one of the lead instructors, so it makes for a tiring weekend.

anyways, on the sunday I was leading overall PAX for morning runs, ahead of the 2nd car by a scant 8 hundreths of a second. In the afternoon i didnt get any faster, but they did by a few tenths, and I ended up 3 in PAX out of 80. 3 tenths off the lead. BTW the 5th place car was 2 seconds back, so there was about 4 of us on a whole other level.

i was having issues with recording video with my data logger, so i didn't get my fastest run. This run was 1 second off my fastest.

PS. i was also the co- course designer. most of the 2nd half of the course was mine.

Last edited:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
had a very rainy auto-x this weekend. it was my first time driving the car in anger in the rain.
almost couldnt touch the gas pedal or the car would step sideways. regardless, unofficially ended up ~6th in PAX
video was captured by my dash cam.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should ask the mods to move this thread to the Corner Carvers' section, where more of us will see it!

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
had a great Autocross this weekend. I'm really making progress with this car.
Figuring out the limits while accelerating out of the corners was easy, you get instant feed back if you screw up, but getting to the limit in sweepers and slalom type elements was harder.
I had to physically tell my self to just drive faster and trust that there was grip. For the afternoon runs I knocked 1.2 seconds off my time. Which is huge.
here is the video of my last run of the day where i cut the final 7 tenths off my time. I was surprised by the improvment.
This netted me 2nd overall in PAX out of 120 drivers.

PS bridgestones RE71R are amazeballs.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
another autox, another good result.
got 4th overall in PAX, but after the official runs, we had some fun runs, and after i cooled the tires a bit, i improved another 3/10ths of a second which would have easily taken top PAX.

also, during the day had a HUGE spin. came to rest within a few short inches of the timing lights. (included at end of vid)

5D3_1920.jpg

5D3_1988.jpg

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Big race weekend. Went to the SCCA Packwood Champ Tour.
There were 13 cars in the F-Street class including 2 2016 Camaro, a Camaro 1LE, a bunch of S550s, 2 M3 and a Mercedes AMG. I was the only S197.

Anyways I surprised a lot of them by how fast I was considering I should have been the underdog (except maybe the Merc.)

On day one, i was only 1 tenth behind the class leader.

On first run of day 2 I lept into the lead. Unfortunately i couldn't get faster, but he did improve. They were however very nervous until I completed my last run, just in case I pulled it out of the hat.

In the end i was 2nd in class and a whopping 3rd over in INDEX out of 300 drivers!

Last edited:

Leroy_jenkinz

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new here from Canada.

I bought a 2014 GT with track pack for auto-x. I'll be putting pics and vids and what not here.

First thing I did was plastidip the hood vents and 5.0 emblem. I also plan to tint the window.

then I installed the Ford camber bolts, as they are F street legal.

I also had my first auto-x in the car. I was on the stock pirelli, so room for improvement once the RE71Rs show up.

Looks nice

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
at an event this weekend i took top PAX by 0.7 sec, out of 87 drivers.

i also had a scratch time that was .5 sec faster. clearly i have still have some to learn. i think most of the gained time was in the first half the course.

anyways the car is still doing well. I've certainly taken some life off the tires. I'm going to rotate them front to back before this weekends race.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
More racing has passed.

this course I took top pax, but this vid was 0.6s faster, but i did tag a cone. This course was interesting because of the slaloms at redline. its weird, but because redline doesnt bounce, it has a calming effect on the car.

This past weekend i took two wins. One was an outright PAX win. the other was a Team Enduro event. you do 3 nonstop laps of the course, and your team's time is the cumulative Pax time from all 4 drivers. we won first.

anyways, looking for any criticism anyone has.

this first vid wasnt my best lap form the event, because my camera didnt record. I had a time 0.5s faster

this is one of my practice laps for the Enduro. i won't bore you with the 3minute Enduro laps.

also, apparently i like to drive really close to the cones.
14102893_10154116722367912_46920685713459743_o.jpg

14195207_10154116723097912_1951097456082650494_o.jpg

Back