Important 15s21 recall information

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the 15S21 Air Bag Recall on the 05-14 Mustangs can now be done on the 05-12 Cars. The Bag for the 13-14 Cars is still not available.

For anyone in South Florida near Ft Lauderdale, contact me and I can gladly get your recall done for you!.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
What are the chances of a dealership allowing me to do the swap without their physical involvement?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
How about GT500's?

They have the Cobra badge on the airbag.

Is the fix to replace the whole airbag?

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that the 15S21 Air Bag Recall on the 05-14 Mustangs can now be done on the 05-12 Cars. The Bag for the 13-14 Cars is still not available.

For anyone in South Florida near Ft Lauderdale, contact me and I can gladly get your recall done for you!.

I just got my letter today have not opened it but I will be in boca raton soon and then down to dirty ernies for some chowder and bbq . I will let you know a week or so b4 I go and maybe you can fix me up !
Thanks for the heads up .
Jim ,

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
How about GT500's?

It is not the whole air bag so your horn pad will be the same. The assembly is removed and then the inflator on the back side is replaced.

I just got my letter today have not opened it but I will be in boca raton soon and then down to dirty ernies for some chowder and bbq . I will let you know a week or so b4 I go and maybe you can fix me up !
Thanks for the heads up .
Jim ,

That's fine. Message me your name, address and telephone along with your vin number so I can have it in the system. makes the check in process a little easier

How about GT500's?

This is a picture of what is being replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
It is not the whole air bag so your horn pad will be the same. The assembly is removed and then the inflator on the back side is replaced.

This is a picture of what is being replaced.

1427A.jpg

Thanks!

itsmetj87

Reaction score
I'm in jersey and can get em done I'm at George Wall Ford in Shrewsbury/tinton falls. I'm a tech.

travelers

Reaction score
It seems that all dealers don't have the inflators available as a friend of mine asked the dealer he uses don't have them yet.

Mine took about 30mins to install.

4thGear

Reaction score
Just got my letter last week. Had inflator repair done this morning. Was quick and, apparently, trouble free.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Forgot to update. The Bag for 13-14 Cars is available and is actually a complete new Horn Pad. Unfortunately still nothing for the Shelby though.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
My car is up on stands, I hope the tech has fun chopping donuts and doing burnouts on my new 295 rear tires when I finally hand it in for the repair.

tightwhite08

Reaction score
Yep, still waiting on passenger side too. You'd think they would be held liable for having a recall and no parts to fix for so long, if something were to happen to someone.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I just got a letter about the passenger bag for my '09. Parts aren't available yet.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like the Shelby version is now available for the 2013-2014 cars.

Also, for the Canadian owners, we're finally able to order the base & GT airbags for the 2013-2014, but dealers have a weekly limit that they can get for now.

cheers
Ed

83-88T-Bird Guy

forum member
Reaction score
Mine was already been popped when I bought the car last year but and Ford sent me a recall notice a few months ago.

Will they still replace it ?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back