New Delrin 35mm Sway Bar Bushings

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
The actual NVH itself might not be as noticeable as you might think, but delrin can be a bit of a pain to maintain on a part that moves a bit. Once it dries out, it squeaks TERRIBLY and you have to be more diligent with greasing and maintenance. A daily driver will retain grease better and provide a better experience with a poly sway bar bushing vs delrin. These were not really designed with street cars in mind.

When I did the upgrade it included zerk fittings to install so I can keep everything greased up. The car isn't a daily, but it's seen at least a couple thousand miles since the install. But I can see someone not wanting to have to get under their daily all the time to keep things quiet.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I wonder how many people outside of those who own or have owned a Cobra know this. I sure didn't.

Norm

Even some Cobra owners don't know. I've been asked many times how expensive the paint was and who did it for me. The looks I get when I say Ford are pretty funny.

The best one was at a show and a couple asked me about the paint. I told them it was an option from the factory. Obviously they didn't believe me because he turned around and told his wife I went totally custom and got the seats to match.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
The actual NVH itself might not be as noticeable as you might think, but delrin can be a bit of a pain to maintain on a part that moves a bit. Once it dries out, it squeaks TERRIBLY and you have to be more diligent with greasing and maintenance. A daily driver will retain grease better and provide a better experience with a poly sway bar bushing vs delrin. These were not really designed with street cars in mind.

So with the ARB I got from you, is there fittings that need greasing?

Sad to say I haven't even opened the box yet...

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, the poly bushings that come with any BMR product need to be greased. You cannot use just any grease, though, as synthetic greases can eat through the polyurethane.

Kelly from BMR recommended to me to go to your local auto parts store and get a few tubes of that green-colored marine grease and load it into a grease gun. That stuff is NASTY, but it works awesome!

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
The 35mm delrin bushings are available, but aren't listed on our site. They do require the use of our billet bushing saddles and will not work with stamped saddles. They're $179.95 w/ saddles or $119.95 w/o saddles.

Marble, PM replied.

Darkside323

forum member
Reaction score
Dylan I have a quick question. My car is running
1 - a full Griggs Racing rear suspension with their Adjustable Rear Bar
2 - Coilovers on all 4 corners
3 - 18x10.5 wheels wrapped in 315-30-18 tires

My front Sway Bar is stock and I'm planning on upgrading it to the BMR 35mm or 38mm bar with BMR adjustable end links. May car is my daily driver but I do plan on autocrossing a lot this year. Just wondering which bar you would recommend to complement my set up. Thanks in advance.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back