Pipes

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
when i say aggressive its like more rumble !! more muscle car sound! OLD SCHOOL!!
Then your choice is between the 'H' and no crossover at all.

If this was going to be a custom fabrication effort, you might even try using a small diameter crossover pipe or a restricting orifice welded into a standard-size crossover tube for something in between the 'H' and straight duals.

Norm

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
Then your choice is between the 'H' and no crossover at all.

If this was going to be a custom fabrication effort, you might even try using a small diameter crossover pipe or a restricting orifice welded into a standard-size crossover tube for something in between the 'H' and straight duals.

Norm

Definitely agree here. Or you could just go all the way and do headers to collector out the front fender.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Comment: I am purchasing a right angle die grinder to open up the H on my Bullitt. Going to see if it helps with some of the shitty low rpm sound I'm getting with my FR500S mufflers. I will have the same exhaust as on the Shelby KR's.

forum member
Reaction score
I can't imagine open headers sounding good on an OHC engine like ours, unless it's a turbo setup. I would stick with an H pipe if it were me.

But OP mentioned FR500s axle backs, so see how you like those first. Change one thing at a time so you know what to reverse if something doesn't work out.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
How about no cross over? I had the oem bullitt h-pipe which has the h-pipe section blocked with only a small hole and it sounded awesome. But when I went to catless I just went to an h-pipe setup.

Here is a quick video:

Pypes Shorties, Bullitt H-pipe with Pypes Muffler Deletes.

https://youtu.be/ewrAcovUBa4

Last edited:

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
I have this 3" SS MRT H-Pipe I'll make you a deal on if interested!!??

Deeper sound than stock with a nice burble......bolts right up!!:clap:

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 12
  • MRT H-Pipe.jpg
    MRT H-Pipe.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 10

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back