relay location

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen one of these under your dash? It's one of the relays that powers the PCM and is supposed to be under the dash somewhere on the driver side, although I've looked everywhere on my car and have not been able to find it. Manuel was kind enough to send me this pic but I haven't had any luck finding it.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a new one for me. Never seen a SSR anywhere and looks like its got a diode to protect it. That's odd if its for the pcm, SSR's are normally used for higher current and faster switching loads. Maybe behind the cluster? Although I've had mine out and don't recall ever seeing one.

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That's a new one for me. Never seen a SSR anywhere and looks like its got a diode to protect it. That's odd if its for the pcm, SSR's are normally used for higher current and faster switching loads. Maybe behind the cluster? Although I've had mine out and don't recall ever seeing one.

Not behind my cluster, I literally just had my entire dash out to install an 8.50 cage and I did not see anything that looks like that anywhere. Here's the schematics, it looks like maybe it's behind the radio? I really didn't see it there but I'll tear it apart and look again if I still have the dtc code when I crank the new motor.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Auxilary Relay Box 1 is on the 5.4 Gt500 models according to C2335 component location index, and the 5.4 EEC wiring schematic. It houses the relays for Fuel Relay pump #2 and the Intercooler system pump. It's located under the hood according to the location index.

This one is a mystery to me. I'm interested in knowing more. What is the problem that involves the possibility of this relay being bad?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Was it by the headlight switch? Could be the heated seats relays.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Auxilary Relay Box 1 is on the 5.4 Gt500 models according to C2335 component location index, and the 5.4 EEC wiring schematic. It houses the relays for Fuel Relay pump #2 and the Intercooler system pump. It's located under the hood according to the location index.

This one is a mystery to me. I'm interested in knowing more. What is the problem that involves the possibility of this relay being bad?

You probably remember a little while back I was posting about that P0698 dtc (and a couple others), it never went away, Manuel and I are troubleshooting to see if that code could have possibly been related to my engine failure. At this point I'm building my new motor then I'll hope for the best when I crank it that those dtc's aren't there again. (I'll be reflashing first with a conservative tune for tuning the new combo). The P0698 code is related to power at the pcm, and that relay is supposed to be a power source for the pcm.

Was it by the headlight switch? Could be the heated seats relays.

No, nothing in that location on my car.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Only cars equipped with heated seats have the relay both GT and GT500s

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
You probably remember a little while back I was posting about that P0698 dtc (and a couple others), it never went away, Manuel and I are troubleshooting to see if that code could have possibly been related to my engine failure. At this point I'm building my new motor then I'll hope for the best when I crank it that those dtc's aren't there again. (I'll be reflashing first with a conservative tune for tuning the new combo). The P0698 code is related to power at the pcm, and that relay is supposed to be a power source for the pcm.

I searched at work today through the schematics on the 2005 and could find nothing. I tried googling what part of the relay part number in the picture I could make out and came up goose eggs as well. There is only one PCM power relay on the car in the schematics that I could find anywhere, but I have found those schematics to be misleading on certain years within 05-09 I have tried to help with. I'm interested to know where Lito says the relay is located at and its specific function within the PCM power distribution circuit. It appears at this point he is the answer man to this equation.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back