Wiring diagram for using cruise control button to activate line locks

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Here is a couple wiring diagrams I made to show you how to hook up the cruise control button on the steering wheel to be used to activate the line locks. One is for dedicating the CC button to just work the line lock solenoid and the other one is a diagram to be able to switch between using the CC switch for line lock activation or cruise control.

wiringdiagramCClinelockwithswitch.jpg

linelockusingCCwithoutretainingCC.jpg

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a couple wiring diagrams I made to show you how to hook up the cruise control button on the steering wheel to be used to activate the line locks. One is for dedicating the CC button to just work the line lock solenoid and the other one is a diagram to be able to switch between using the CC switch for line lock activation or cruise control.

wiringdiagramCClinelockwithswitch.jpg

linelockusingCCwithoutretainingCC.jpg
does this enable you to use the on/off switch on the left hand side of the steering wheel or the right side which has the set button & increase & decrease speed button

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
on/off switch on the left side

nate80

Reaction score
This worked great. I added another relay and toggle so it controls my 2-step and line lock.

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Can the off button be used as a momentary nitrous switch? I'd like to be able to turn it off by letting go.. Or would it set up both buttons as a toggle?

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is it me or is there no tan/orange stripe wire in the steering collumn harness. I cut the only wire similiar and it wasnt it.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Worked like a champ! Now I can't wait to get my DRs mounted and finally get to the track!!

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread,but I wanted to thank KIMMER for the original post. Even though I don't have my 2012 yet it allowed me to build the relay panel and install once it gets here. The only thing that may be different is the color of the wire going to the steering wheel switch for 2012......................THANKS.........TC

2464880Picture001.jpg

2464881Picture002.jpg

TaraFirma

Reaction score
I did this in my 88, but i use the horn button. (horn does not blow when switch is activated, it just changes the function of the horn button on the steering wheel.

GDCracing

Reaction score
I am so stealing this. Going to have to figure out the wire colors for my 14 though. It'll be worth it. Thanks Kimmer for the post.

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I would be interested in this too. I did this in my old 07. Worked awesome. I just bought a new to me 07.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Alloy

forum member
Reaction score
I can see the one for the horn only but same concept. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Question on this...

I have a 2011 Mustang GT. It started out as a base model, but was sort of pieced together, for lack of a better explanation.

Long story short, it has a premium steering wheel. the cruise control buttons are all on the left side, and all work properly. One the right side, are the buttons for the radio volume and cd selection, which do not operate, due to it being a base model, and not having that feature.

Would I be able to wire any of those buttons to operate a line lock? I don't want to piss with the cruise control buttons, but since these buttons aren't good for anything and useless anyway, I would love to make them work for the line lock.

Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
No one has any insight on this?

Not even a "sure, why the hell not?" or "Hell no it has to be a certain kind of button/switch to work for a line lock"

come on you egg/gear heads!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back