New 600 Cubic Inch 1000 hp motor build

lito

forum member
Reaction score
What part have to be changed in the carb to run E85...
I do have 100 gallons of E98 sitting in the shop..LOL

Bigger jets obviously but guess more stuff is needed due to different A-F proportions, assume bigger venturis, guess there would be some ethanol specific carburetors, the thing with this is that you could go really high on CR.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Dying to know how much this powertrain setup will cost lol. I take it you don't have emissions inspections where you live lol? Gonna be bad ass for sure.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Bigger jets obviously but guess more stuff is needed due to different A-F proportions, assume bigger venturis, guess there would be some ethanol specific carburetors, the thing with this is that you could go really high on CR.

Theres alot of other things that need to be changed for a E85 Carb .
I just had ProSystems make me a E85 Carb for my 89 Foxbody. My 306ci is a little small for the Prosystems 780cfm Carb so I took it off in place of a new Holley Ultra HP 650.
The Prosystems worked great at WOT but at part throttle or I should say quick tip in would stumble on me . Im keeping it for another build in the future with a 427 or 434ci on E85 .

Pete

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Theres alot of other things that need to be changed for a E85 Carb .
I just had ProSystems make me a E85 Carb for my 89 Foxbody. My 306ci is a little small for the Prosystems 780cfm Carb so I took it off in place of a new Holley Ultra HP 650.
The Prosystems worked great at WOT but at part throttle or I should say quick tip in would stumble on me . Im keeping it for another build in the future with a 427 or 434ci on E85 .

Pete

That is what I though, even tanks may be different.

What are your thoughts on a high CR E85 BBF?

GI Joe

Reaction score
I'm pretty settled on race gas. I'm gonna run 110 at track and figure out what kind of mix I can putz around on in town...maybe 50/50...I need to look hard at what 12:1 will "really require...lets figure 12.5:1 to be safe. Im not not gonna be running a ton of cam...but pretty snappy 270/272 760-780 lift-

GI Joe

Reaction score
no but I got a handle on the wiring..LOL

and a few parts I no longer need

photo23.jpg

photo21.jpg

photo.jpg

photo22-1.jpg

poweredbyford

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder how many Big block swaps are going to pop up, I might need start making some more sets of my CNC mounts i made for mine! You guys think theres a market for them? shit sorry about the semi-hijack, maybe there needs to be a non-standard powerplant section

IMAG0128.jpg

Last edited:

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
That is what I though, even tanks may be different.

What are your thoughts on a high CR E85 BBF?

If you have access to e85 fuel why not.
If I were going to build a N/A race motor I would use it . Cheaper fuel, cooler running motor , lots of timing Sounds good to Me.

In a turbo application you could use it without a intercooler blow thru set up.

Here's an example of a small block engine . They use a slightly lower compression ratio , lol 13.1.

http://www.shafiroff.com/sportsman/434_695_e85.asp

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back