Ksack is buying his first house!

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet digs. I recently started renting and it's my first real experience living as an adult (army barracks life surely does not count). I appreciate the hands-off approach of the landlord. I haven't seen him since the first month when I encountered fleas (been good since, knock on wood), and it's giving me a trial run of what it would be like owning - keeping up the landscaping, doing minor improvements/repairs that I won't trouble him with, etc. It's funny all the things Uncle Sam makes you not think about while you're his slave (utilities, trash pick up, maintenance, RENT).

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet digs. I recently started renting and it's my first real experience living as an adult (army barracks life surely does not count). I appreciate the hands-off approach of the landlord. I haven't seen him since the first month when I encountered fleas (been good since, knock on wood), and it's giving me a trial run of what it would be like owning - keeping up the landscaping, doing minor improvements/repairs that I won't trouble him with, etc. It's funny all the things Uncle Sam makes you not think about while you're his slave (utilities, trash pick up, maintenance, RENT).

Thanks guys! I'm really enjoying the homeowner thing so far. Much cheaper than renting and I'm building equity. So far no big headaches..the house is only 8 years old. Only complaints so far is the electrical box is mislabeled and whoever designed the sprinkler system was an idiot. Some spots have triple coverage where one sprinkler would have sufficed. I've moved around a few heads but need to hit up Lowes for a couple more.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Check if you have a place called Site One nearby. They bought out John Deere Landscapes which bought out Lesco, basically a wholesale landscape supply place. Irrigation stuff is about a third the cost of HD or Lowe's.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Tad late, but congrats on the new homeowner status. Clovis was my 1st duty assignment, but I'm sure alot has changed since my tenure (1984-1988). Sweet house & great investment.

For the driveway crack, looks like the concrete co. didn't mix properly, or didn't let it set before someone drove something large over the surface. Simply cosmetic (no off-set/shifting) so get some self-leveling sealer + caulk gun & go to town.

Enjoy that new home!

ksack

forum member
Reaction score
Check if you have a place called Site One nearby. They bought out John Deere Landscapes which bought out Lesco, basically a wholesale landscape supply place. Irrigation stuff is about a third the cost of HD or Lowe's.

Just checked. Closest one is 1.5 hours away. Small town problems. If I have any big projects in the future I'll make sure to check them out.

Tad late, but congrats on the new homeowner status. Clovis was my 1st duty assignment, but I'm sure alot has changed since my tenure (1984-1988). Sweet house & great investment.

For the driveway crack, looks like the concrete co. didn't mix properly, or didn't let it set before someone drove something large over the surface. Simply cosmetic (no off-set/shifting) so get some self-leveling sealer + caulk gun & go to town.

Enjoy that new home!

Thanks! I've heard the city has grown substantially even in the last couple years. AFSOC has dumped alot of money into the base and businesses see that and are moving in. We just got a Denny's, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a Chipotle. For the time being I'm just leaving the driveway be.

Here's the finished section of blocks I made to keep the swing area clear. Nothing fancy or special but at least I can get through my gate now.

Messed around with the sprinklers a bit today and I think I finally have them all unplugged and full coverage on the yard.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back