BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Hey i have been out of the car thing for a couple years due to health and family issues. But finally everything is coming together and I am looking to buy a car by spring. I am set on buying a 2015 or newer if the numbers are right.
Anyway i have been doing some research and i am thinking i would really like to go with a procharger set up. When i owned my last car , 2010gt, i learned a ton about it and was very happy with the end set up....after doing things twice etc.
So i am trying to learn the do's and don'ts now. I am looking to go with the procharger stage 2 kit with headers and 4.10 gears. (2015 Gt, auto trans) . My last car (4.6) i ran a roush tvs, headers , 4.10 gears along with detroit rocker cams. Although the cams did not add much as i was limited by a stock lower end, I loved the big cam sound. My question is i know i can make more power than i need with the procharger i would like to throw money away cams .lol. Most things i have read in the past cams are not need or used ( changing to bigger cams) in 5.0 cars. Sorry i love the big cam sound ...as i want everyone to know it is not stock by no means. I want a car that looks fast, sounds fast and is fast. I am getting to old to street race ...no sleepers for me any more. My goal is a mid 10 sec car .
So any advice or input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10's might be too much with the 6R80 transmission.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10 is wayyy too much with the 6R80...1st gear of the 6R80 is already 4.17, going to to be 4.10s would make 1-2 useless...leave the gears alone.

No need to do cams on the 5.0 unless you go turbo and want to make north of 1000 hp.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Def not a 4.10 as mentioned. I'm running factory 3.15 on my 6R80 PD setup with only about 540 to the ground. I considered going to a 3.31 when I rebuilt the rear end this spring after welding up the axle tubes, but after some research stayed with the 3.15's.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input. The 2015 on up are definatly alot different from the previous model years. I know there are rear end issues to be addresed with the switch to irs set up. I will keep doing research on the s550s but nothing compares to the advice and info i get right here.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone I've seen with FI on a coyote says 3.31 or 3.15 is ideal.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I have seen a few videos of blown rear ends on automatic cars. I think i can easily bolt more horsepower than i need on a saturday. Just buy a Fi kit from Terry at Beefcake racing or Brent at Brenspeed and either use the can tune or call Lito or Lund . 8 hours later i am packing 600hp plus. Now I need to get it to the ground without blowing out the rearend or melting the tires off. That is what i could really use help with.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
B-I-N-G-O............

I saw a nice looking s197 the other day across the parking lot. So i drove over to get a closer look. I wanted to puke when i saw this nice looking very clean Mustang GT with a stripe running down the side of the car with the words Cobra on it. Looked like it was painted on with some cheap stencils and a rattle can.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kelly knows the 5.0 inside and out, love to see people who not only sell the products but use them on their own race cars.

Last edited:

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Anytime i had ever pmed kelly with and questions about one of their products or a set up question he always gets right back to me . Vg customer service.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back