SCT X3 Firmware Needed

Roush05

forum member
Reaction score
So I'm sure you guys have heard the story before: I got an SF3 and go to plug it in to do some datalogging. I get the message that I need to update it, so I download the SCT Device Updater program. About halfway through the install, I get an error message. Upon unplugging and plugging the tuner back in, it is now not recognized by the SCT Device Updater, so I am unable to use it. I am in need of any X3/SF3 firmware that anyone may have. It will be a file with the extension .LWU. I called tech support and was on hold for an hour before they sent me to voicemail. Thanks for any help!

edit, copied from another thread online: If you've got an SF3 and the updater software... I pretty much just need any .LWU file. If you have it it would be located in the SCT/SCT Device Updater/ directory inside x86 Program Files.

edit: I spoke with SCT and they fixed it. I also have the firmware files that may or may not help if anyone needs them. They didn't fix mine, but they put it into a usable state. They ended up formatting the device and then using the automatic update to download the necessary firmware.

Last edited:

JLB3

Reaction score
Do you still have the firmware files you could send me?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
He hasn’t logged in for 2 years.

JLB3

Reaction score
Crap. Yea just seen that. Thanks for the heads up

decipha

decipha@EFIDynoTuning
Reaction score
I just ran into the same exact issue the OP did for the exact same reason

if anyone has any files they can share that would help me tremendously
my email is decipha at efidynotuning dot com as i don't frequent here

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back