k4GPelVl.jpg

sKvnao8l.jpg

ytdZ9Gtl.jpg

DrO5nZyl.jpg

GodQRoBl.jpg

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Pulled the drive gear out of my garage door opener.

Opened 1 foot yesterday and no more, had to manually lift, nylon gear is shredded, ordered new gear and waiting for new one to arrive

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Started making shelving for one side of the garage, replacing the weak old shelves that I had put up a while and some bookcases that look horrible.
Got half the framing done so far, I will hopefully have the rest of it done this week.
Bought more studs today along with a couple sheets of plywood, and the plan is to have the rest of the shelving come out further from the wall, to help protect the large drain pipe next to that wall.

20170129_shelves1.jpg

20170129_shelves2.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Update on the home shopping...

Planned on going to 4 houses on Saturday. By Sat morning 2 of the 4 went under contract and those two happened to be ones right down the street from where we lived and were on the market for less than 7 days. We went to that one house that I shared (corner lot with detatched garage) and man... that photographer is a wizard. That house was absolute shit. 7 ft ceilings and my height did not go well.. none of the floors were level, ceiling was sagging in the living room, and some additional things. Disappointing but it is what it is.

We did some packing this weekend on Sunday, decluttered and I hired painters touch a lot of stuff up today. Getting it cleaned tomorrow and then professional photos for the listing on Thursday. With the market moving fast we expect to be out of here real soon.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Planned on going to 4 houses on Saturday. By Sat morning 2 of the 4 went under contract and those two happened to be ones right down the street from where we lived and were on the market for less than 7 days. We went to that one house that I shared (corner lot with detatched garage) and man... that photographer is a wizard. That house was absolute shit. 7 ft ceilings and my height did not go well.. none of the floors were level, ceiling was sagging in the living room, and some additional things. Disappointing but it is what it is.

We did some packing this weekend on Sunday, decluttered and I hired painters touch a lot of stuff up today. Getting it cleaned tomorrow and then professional photos for the listing on Thursday. With the market moving fast we expect to be out of here real soon.

So where you going to stay in the meantime, if you sell your home before you buy a new one?

VA Raptor

forum member
Reaction score

Well that's too bad. Hire that photographer for your listing!

I just noticed this morning when I was heading into work that this house was for sale. Don't know if it's in your budget, too far or if you've already looked at it though. The one downside is the road is not paved, but it's about 200 feet before the driveway.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal....642194,39.240472,-77.662386_rect/15_zm/1_fr/

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well that's too bad. Hire that photographer for your listing!

I just noticed this morning when I was heading into work that this house was for sale. Don't know if it's in your budget, too far or if you've already looked at it though. The one downside is the road is not paved, but it's about 200 feet before the driveway.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal....642194,39.240472,-77.662386_rect/15_zm/1_fr/

Awesome place, although the garage is kinda small. I'm not a fan of the pink carpet or all the white (cabinets, bathrooms, counters, etc) but it's very nice. Definitely won't have anybody peeking in your windows there.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I saw that place and it looks decent. The gravel road isn't ideal, but I'm up for looking at anything. We have dark wood and black granite right now and I hate it. I am actually preferring white cabinets with a light granite or quartz. Lol.

Should have our first open house on the Sunday after this one.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
keeping the garage reno's going.

I finished the insulation that the previous owners started, the new pink insulation what I did. Added vapour barrier, then dry wall. I'm not going to bother with tape and mud, etc, because its a garage. I just didn't like having exposed insulation. Also considering the ceiling. Not sure, because my climate is not that cold. It'd be a long payback

Also, shows the shelving I have mounted on the opposite wall.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Finished building a bunch of shelving in the garage, on the wall next to my car.
I originally had put up some shelves with brackets, and they were all over the place, very messy, looked like crap.

Left-side shelving all done, stuff-moving under way:

20170130_shelves3.jpg

Now I have a lot more space for my cleaning/detailing supplies, both left sections.
And a big driver for me to do this was to hide that freakin' drainage pipe, while at the same time protect it.
So, the shelving I built around it does that while also still leaving room to do repairs if needed.

20170204_shelves1.jpg

And I now have more storage than ever, I actually have more shelves than I need right now :)
A great problem to have:

20170205_shelves1.jpg

20170205_shelves2.jpg

Next on the garage to-do list is to tackle the back wall behind my car, a very messy set-up currently:

20170205_work-bench.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Had a tree dude take down/remove a bunch of trees in the back yard, did it for the free wood he got to take, leaving us with the brush to clean up.
This is one of the last ones he's cut down, he tied his tractor to it so it wouldn't fall toward my house or the neighbor's, which was even closer to it.

The way that area looked before "tree dude" had his way with it:

trees2_20170127.jpg

And how it looks now:

trees8_20170206.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
He left a really fat hinge on that tree. It almost didn't want to pull over.

Yeah there was another one next to it, he worked even harder at taking that one down.
I'm just glad he didn't drop any of those tall thick ones onto that canvas tent, since my fiancee's son's '69 Mach 1 project is in there

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back