TMPS Question: Valve Stem TPMS in 07-09 GT500 Wheels

BTD

*Insert Title Here*
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2011 Mustang that uses the valve stem TPMS sensors. My understanding is that the 07-09 cars used the band style TPMS systems. I get that the two aren't compatible.

My question: Will 2011+ valve stem TPMS fit onto the 07-09 GT500 wheels?

Reason for asking - LMR says they won't:

LMR - GT500 Wheels

From that link - "Not compatible with valve stem mount TPMS"

BUT I've seen multiple forum posts saying that it'll work no problem. Has anyone here run the setup?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I bought aftermarket valve style TPMS for my 07 GT and have no problems whatsoever. Used the oem trigger tool to reprogram it.

The difference between the 07-09 to 10-13 are the frequencies they operate in. I've tried programming 10-13 tpms and the car wouldn't recognize

BTD

*Insert Title Here*
Reaction score
Good to hear. I'm aware of the frequency difference, it's just strange that LMR says that they won't work. They make it sound like a physical limitation of the wheel.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have an answer to the question, but the issue is that the shape of the bead area on some wheels doesn't have enough space to accommodate the sensor portion of the valve stem mount TPMS. Hopefully someone here has first hand experience with doing it on those particular wheels.

cheers
Ed

BTD

*Insert Title Here*
Reaction score
For the record, they work. I purchased 07-09 GT500 wheels and am running my factory 2011+ valve stem TPMS in them with no issues so far.

lxKD7QM.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back