What can you do to make a coyote safe at 7500 or more RPM?

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Besides Boss valve springs? I'll probably end up with a DOB GT550 supercharger kit, but a part of me really wants to do a CJ and cammed setup. Obviously if the majority of gains are from keeping the car above 6500 rpm, then I would want to do that without worrying about destroying my engine. Any input other then it's a waste of time, forced inductin FTW? :whistle1:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did those and all of the Boss oiling components while i was in there.

noldevin

forum member
Reaction score
OPGs and valve springs (mine floats at 7600-7700). You'll probably need a new clutch too.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
I'm good on the clutch, I have a spec stage 2 with lightened steel flywheel. Any opinions on MMR custom NA cams, MMR springs (pretty expensive compared to Boss), and Phaser VVT delete?

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MMR is fine, make some of the best parts. They dont have the greatest reputation when it comes to them building engines, but hey they arent building it. I have all of the MMR goodies in my engine and i beat the crap out of it.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
This is what MMR recommended to me if anyone is curious or has any input.

[FONT=&quot]MMR Billet OPG and Crank Gear[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MMR Heavy Duty Secondary Chains[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MMR Billet Primary Tensioners[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MMR Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MMR Stage 2 N/A Cams[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]MMR Spring kit

Of course buying the MMR parts is optional[/FONT]. If I end up caving and buying a CJ manifold before I can save up for a SC then this is the route I will end up going.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
I'll just add, what I really like about this plan is that other than the cams and CJ manifold, all of the individuals pieces of this build are relatively cheap on their own, so I could buy them piece by piece, paycheck by paycheck until I have the whole build ready. It will end up costing about the same as a SC in the end, but a lot more reasonable to purchase everything :thumb:

46addict

Reaction score
If you're piecing stuff together you could do the same with a turbo kit or a DOB kit. Get the compressor, injectors, fuel pump, piping etc separately with each paycheck. And in the end you'll have more power.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back