Starter for 2011 mustang

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
My car has 70k miles, I'm original owner, and my car is starting to act up every time, it only clicks, after a few time sometimes it starts sometimes it doesn't... I'm just wondering if it's normal for these cars starters to go out at these miles and/or years... thanks in advance

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
Looked good, I'm going to check the connections on the starter, seems to happen more when it rains or I wash the car with pressure washer undercarriage. It just seems off to me that a starter would go so quick

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
Haven't changed the starter out and car has been acting good, seems the starter only acts up when it rains, when the roads are wet, any ideas?

MechE

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 12 with 145k. I replaced the battery a year or two ago and when it was on its way out, there would be a rapid succession of clicks and the gages would go haywire. The gages thing was new to me, but otherwise, it acted just like a dead battery.

However, in the last month or so (only 2 times), I have had the car do half a turn-over and then stop. Successive twists of the key don't do shit. I pull the key out wait 10 seconds and then everything works as normal. Very odd, I figured it might be the clutch sensor? Is this like the behavior you are noticing?

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
Someone told me it might be the clutch sensor also, mine clicks every time tho, and it literally only does it when it rains lol haven't seen rain in a few weeks, figures all the mess in the starter cleared up and it's been fine ever since...

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
I got a new starter which I haven't returned simply because I want to see if it acts up again... the parking lot where I park my truck is full of mud and maybe dirt and mud get in the starter and that causes it to act up, but then again I had people tell me it might be the clutch sensor

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you looked at the connections on the starter? There should be a cover on it to keep dirt and stuff from getting in; has that cover been lost or damaged?

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I know you replaced the battery last year but have you checked your alternator? They are notorious for going south on these cars. Mine went out at a little over 50k miles.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know you replaced the battery last year but have you checked your alternator? They are notorious for going south on these cars. Mine went out at a little over 50k miles.

I thought the crappy alternator issues were resolved with the Coyotes?

travelers

Reaction score
I would check the small trigger wire going to the starter, they have been known to corrode and cause that problem. I had to replace the terminal end on my old Ranger.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back