Pypes exhaust questions?

fastnotch2002

Reaction score
Just bought the Pypes catless X-pipe, the mid pipes and a set of axel back mufflers. Going to do the install this weekend and had a question. The mid pipes are not flared to slip over the x-pipe, the x- pipe is not flared either. Do i just butt them up together and use an accuseal clamp or something else? Thanks!

08VaporGT01

Reaction score
They join with a clamp that goes over both. Just like the stock exhaust is connected.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fastnotch2002

Reaction score
Someone welded my stock exhaust when the clutch was put in thats what i was windering. So basically they just butt up to each other and clamp together?

08VaporGT01

Reaction score
Right, they are similar to these
d3c464dbe5b7ddec9ee89d1081358cde.jpg

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
you want butt joint exhuast clamps. measure the outside diameter of your pipes then buy corresponding sized butt clamps.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Where did you buy the x-pipe? Was there an option to add the clamp and/or guessing it wasn't included/recommended during shopping/check-out?

As recommended above, you'll need the butt-clamp...my son's kit came w/everything. That's why I like kits vs. individual parts...

08VaporGT01

Reaction score
I bought a pypes x and it didn't have hardware. I was able to use the original clamps. The op's exhaust is welded.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
If that's the case (welded), then you might want to consider looking into a local/custom exhaust shop. Had a guy weld my pickup exhaust here in NE...only cost $60 to do everything from manifold-back on dual-exhaust set-up. Just a thought...

Rapture

forum member
Reaction score
The OE ford butt clamp is awesome. If you had your mid pipe/over axle welded and they ditched that clamp I would see if you could find another one. It is the same diameter in both sides. I would also try and salvage your OE ford clamps for the mufflers. They are tack welded to the mufflers but can be bent off. Those are very good strong clamps. Just be happy you didnt go with the H pipe from pypes. That C clamp in the center is complete crap.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yea, after fighting the seal on my kids ARH LTs to a BBK X Pipe, we finally cut the stock H pipe and used four factory clamps to hold it all in place with all four locations being butt joints and it works flawlessly. Spend the money on the factory clamps and enjoy trouble free performance. That is assuming its all 2.5".

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back