GT 500 spy shots

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About time! I was just talking about this with a friend. It usually takes Ford two years to come out with the GT500.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see what powers it, will ford have a 3rd V8 for the mustang? Will it be a variation of the voodoo 5.2 or a version of the 5.0 that is boosted?

I'm sure it will have the mag shocks the 350R has and maybe a carbon fiber driveshaft and wheels. Wing looks to be carbon, kinda looks like the steeda race wing.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
ITs got to have power to beat the zl1. They better not do the same shit like the gt350. long wait times high mark ups. F that.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
According to some of the guys on mustang6g, that "TT" at the top of the windshield stand for Technical Tooling, certainly not Twin Turbo.
That prototype could be a V6 wearing the GT350 bodywork, simply testing out a new front fascia design that's coming out for '18

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I hope it is in fact a GT500. If so I will be trading the Shelby in for sure and getting one!

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Something is being built, all I know is everyone is guessing wrong w.r.t. powertrain and power targets. I wouldn't be surprised to see an ecoboost V6 car, which I would have no interest in.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
According to some of the guys on mustang6g, that "TT" at the top of the windshield stand for Technical Tooling, certainly not Twin Turbo.
That prototype could be a V6 wearing the GT350 bodywork, simply testing out a new front fascia design that's coming out for '18

It has the 350R rear wheels and it has massive stoppers on it, my guess it's a 350R with the new gear in it

arms197forum

Reaction score
And now the engine information of the Shelby GT 500 came online, reports Torque News.

A member of Mustang6g.com named Super Werty posted an image which is allegedly the top of the engine of the new Ford Mustang Shelby GT500. There have been rumors that the new GT500 would feature a supercharged 5.2L V8, so with the familiar Shelby Cobra logo and “5.2L” stamped on what looks to be a supercharger – it would make sense that this really is the engine of the newest GT500.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2087059&postcount=1652

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back