S550 seats in S197

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to have to bypass the seat module and wire like the 11-14 are shouldn't be to hard just time consuming

CameronPage

forum member
Reaction score
I might have the diagrams where I put them in my 05. Let me look and I'll send them to you. I have a shit load of papers laying around for the 15-16 harness and an 05 harness where I had to tie the doors in and a few more things.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I might have the diagrams where I put them in my 05. Let me look and I'll send them to you. I have a shit load of papers laying around for the 15-16 harness and an 05 harness where I had to tie the doors in and a few more things.

I am very much interested in them as well as I have 15+ Ford Racing Leather Recaro seats that need to go in my 08.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score

If you could find them that would be awesome. Please let me know

wystewart

Reaction score
are you still looking for 2015 wiring diagrams?

Can you post some photos of the bracket modifications for mounting into the car?

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
I finally figured it out for power to gets seats to move I striped the harness back for the seat and elimated the black box and wired power to the switch and figured out what wire did what. Haven't messed with the heat/cooling yet but the move.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
are you still looking for 2015 wiring diagrams?

Can you post some photos of the bracket modifications for mounting into the car?
yes i would love to have the diagram. no i didn't hook the air bag up i just installed a resistor. I stripped all the harness down to the wires and figured that I needed to remove the black box and bypass that all together. So I hooked the power to a 9v battery on the seat side switch and started moving the levers and with using my volt meter i figured out what wire does what. I havent messed with the heating and cooling but I will soon I just wanted poower to move the seats front to back and up and down. As of now the seats move back and forth and up and down.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a pic I snapped showing what I did. I took a 9v battery and hooked it to the pos and neg. power goes directly to the side seat switch and then run the corresponding wires. I have front and back and seat up and down didn't mess with air for lumbar or for the heating and cooling I ordered a couple hot cold switches so when the come I will install it doesn't seem to hard after taking the seat completely apart to see how it works.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3490.jpg
    IMG_3490.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3489.jpg
    IMG_3489.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 122

wystewart

Reaction score
I would PM you about 2015 wiring diagrams, but seems I don't have permissions to PM. any ideas?

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Ok to get the seats power to work I had to remove the seat black box and wire the seat movement sections to neg. and pos on the harness that goes to the switch and they work perfect the heating and cooling need to go to relays with switches I am still working on them but got power to them and they fit awesome

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back