550 hp @ 22 psi wtf? On e85

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just skimmed through the thread, but wow so much ignorance on compression and performance, left and right just being regurgitated. OP I really sorry if the peanut gallery in this thread led you to believe increasing static compression is your miracle solution.
Agreed.
A stock long block terminator is 8.5 stock and they have no trouble making big power with the same boost as the OP.
Get a custom set of cams ground for the compression ratio, new valve springs and put it back together.
And go to the track or another dyno to confirm results. If you are concerned about safety gear at the drag strip, just bump the car out of the lights, count off 2 seconds and drive it hard. Driving skill won't make much of a difference for trap speed. The only safety gear you should need for that is a helmet, unless you hit 135 mph. If you do hit 135 mph then it can be confirmed that there is no problem.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just skimmed through the thread, but wow so much ignorance on compression and performance, left and right just being regurgitated. OP I really sorry if the peanut gallery in this thread led you to believe increasing static compression is your miracle solution.

Seems to me most of "The Peanut Gallery" was telling him to go to another dyno or take it to the track to verify the trap speed.

Fact is the info being given by the op has gone from 7.xxx to 8.8:1 and maybe 9.0. We all know this is not the issue keeping the power that low. It is a small portion, but not the main cause.

If I'm at 22 psi and I've verified with another dyno or at the track that the power is not there, I'm tearing it apart to find out why. Personally I don't think it's cams or stock heads or any of that. Plenty of people make power with those. If it was timing, Manuel would see it in the logs, we have been there done that, it shows in the log.

IDK what the issue is, but the car is not in my garage. I would have at least took it to the track and or another dyno before opening it up at a min.

I'm not being an ass here, just re read the thread myself and I came to a different conclusion of what most were trying to tell the OP.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah having a joy selling the block now, everyone finds this thread where people are like omg 8.8 compression is bad and runs off. Shit from what I've read on several racing websites 8.8 to 9.8 is only like a 3% hp difference usually and lets you run more boost for more hp on pump gas anyway. Whatever, gonna sell this sucker and build a big bore stroker sometime. Someone will snag a good deal thats for sure ;p

Last edited:

46addict

Reaction score
I wouldn't have given up on the motor just yet. You mentioned stock heads and cams which means power left on the table. As others have said compression probably isn't your main issue.

Are you wanting to sell the engine stuff here or are you staying local?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It was probably the damn boost a pump and now I have it. God damn it.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have given up on the motor just yet. You mentioned stock heads and cams which means power left on the table. As others have said compression probably isn't your main issue.

Are you wanting to sell the engine stuff here or are you staying local?

I've got it listed local and here, whoever buys it first buys it. I don't have a problem shipping.

Yeah I'm pulling some money together but some stuff, mustang projects going to have to chill for a year anyway.

Wraith

forum member
Reaction score
Another dyno speak from experience. Had low output on one dyno jet but high torque about 4 months later at similar setup (better tune and fuel so more timing) picked up a bunch of power and a little torque.

My setup made 684/610 @ 20psi on 6767 8:7:1 compression motor stock heads intake and cams locked and Lito tuned.

Also a track trip would help you compare too so you know your trap speed in relation to power levels. I would wait and test if it was me. My car trapped 124 to 125 with "478" HP..... which didn't add up.

MissingLink

Reaction score
Just a quick question, did you contact Lito? I'm sure he would want to see this.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back