Just hit 200k

Chendrix1969

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Just hit 200k with my 05 and I'm wondering what would you recommend I have checked/replaced/rebuilt on the engine? I have an FRPP CAI with a tune from Bama, fluids have been routinely done using royal purple, got a screamin demon coil pack.

About to do a suspension upgrade from stock to Steeda Sport Springs w/ Koni STR.T kit along with an adjustable panhard bar and new jounce stops from AM. Basically not planning on ditching this ride anytime soon.

Thanks for any advice/tips.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats,

I'm at 166k myself, and looking forward to the 200k rollover. As for maintenance, if you haven't already addressed these, the water pump possible new thermostat.

46addict

Reaction score
The 05-06 GTs have been known to have faulty fuel pumps and there is a TSB out for them. Not sure if it also applies to v6's but you can look it up.

When you do the springs and shocks I would also look at front and rear control arms bushings as they may be shot by now. For the front arm bushings I wouldn't bother with trying to press out the old ones and replacing just the bushings. If you buy a whole new control arm it will come with a new bushing and ball joint pressed in.

Don't forget new strut mounts as well. Those will need to be installed when the springs/shocks go in so it would make sense to replace/upgrade those while you're in there.

Chendrix1969

Reaction score
Thanks!

@Benwhite911 Replaced the water pump at around 100k and the thermostat housing like a month.

@46addict About 20k ago I upgraded the front LCA to the FRPP ones, and they had the new ball joints and everything already. Those should be good for awhile, right? The rear bushings I hadn't thought of though.

Forgot to mention that I have the GT500 Strut Mounts ready for the upgrade as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back