Couple install questions

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
So I've got everything working and running and working on the tune with Lito.

Car is idling high, I can't find any leaks, but once it gets to operating temp, it wasn't to stall out.

I noticed two plugs I have no idea where they go. NO CEL are on.

Can you help me with these?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 19

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I don't have any 3v's here that are put together so I'm guessing here.

White plug is the oil sender.

I think the other one goes to the pigtail that goes to the alternator.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Ok! Oil sender sounds right, I have aftermarket. I have the alternator plugged up and all the o2 sensors. I'll keep investigating.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
It's not for the coolant temp sensor is it?

The only harnesses near the battery I can think of is the o2's or coolant temp going into the valley. But it didn't look that long

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe. It looks like it would go under there, but from what I recall the temp sensor was relocated with the DOB.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I went and looked at the back of my stock intake manifold, and found this. So that is where it must have connected no? Does it need hooked up somehow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 7

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Ok, I went and looked at the back of my stock intake manifold, and found this. So that is where it must have connected no? Does it need hooked up somehow?

That's why I don't remember that plug. I haven't worked on a car with delete plates in a long time. You don't need to plug that in.

I think Wes is right. That plug may be for the water temp which is under the front of the manifold.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Water temp is plugged up. I had to extend that wire. This is unaltered. I believe it is the oil pressure sensor plug; as I'm using an aftermarket gauge and unplugged it, I had just forgot about it.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
ahh you went DOB, didnt notice that.

isnt that the plug for the motion control plates?

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Yup! We figured it out!

Now I just need to figure out why it stalls when it's at operating temp.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
woooo.

totally forgot about that plug, figured it was only the other 2, but then remembered that, tune just turns it off.

who's tuning?

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
It's idling around 1000-1100 if I drive it it hiccups and backfires like crazy. Wants to stall when I'm coming to a stop, and if I let it idle in neutral at temp it starts to choke and stalls.

Replaced my TPS sensor, put new plugs in and checked all vacuum lines, replaced all caps on blower. Can't figure it out. Wonder if it's my throttle body? I'm using a dual 66mm from l&m. I've also taken the t/b apart and swapped the electronics from my stock throttle body just to test that.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Is it trowing any codes? i'm guessing not or you would be all over that with Lito.

We had a broken wire for the TB on our 2010 that was only "sorta" broken so it was intermittent. It was a nightmare to find.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look at those tonight and see how it looks. I posted a new thread about the symptoms. I appreciate the help with those sensors/ I just wanted to make sure those weren't the culprit.

Only code I had was a random fuel one, my fuel gauge wasn't working. So I pulled my pump and dropped it back it, i guess the floater arm was stuck in position. But I fixed that. It was reading several TPS codes, and a new sensor fixed those.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back