TheNorm's F-street Auto-x GT

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Had an auto-x yesterday. My club has a 7 event "Slush Series" from October through April. In Vancouver, it doesnt snow much so we can race all year.
started off slow, as it was near freezing and the bridgestone RE71R's dont like it, but by afternoon, it was dry and almost 50F. With 2 drivers i did get some heat in the tires.

anyways took 1st place after PAX. Co-driver was 2nd in PAX 0.3 seconds behind.
I was the course designer.

http://forum.ubcscc.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6133

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
bought new tires for next season.
These seem to have been out of stock for all of Canada for the past few months, so when they came back in stock, i had to jump on them. Ordered them from Costco, it was the best price by far. I still have a few 32nds of tread on the old tires, but I'll swap these in when the competition gets serious.

Last edited:

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Love it!! Glad to see another autocrosser on the forum. F street seems to be very competitive! I run, well, ran CAM-C with my 98 GT (totaled it) but will return to the tarmac next year. Hopefully I'll have my '95 GT sorted by then.

F3D07ACE-C0F7-41C8-A6EB-213E0A08F47F_zps57pvkagy.jpg

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
since I've been doing a number of reno'sin the garage. The mustang has been cold outside.
13" blanket.

Last edited:

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
getting back into race season.

I can tell you one thing. worn RE71R do not like the cold or the wet. we had an event and is was probably only about 40F.

many slippery, much spins.
I'm not going to bother posting my best lap because it was garbage.
so here are all the spins.

what was disapointing is that the afternoon before, when we set up the course, it was dry and glorious. This course was fantastic dry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zsWPiOSxuY

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
new tires!

put a fresh set of bridgestones RE71R tires on.
285/35R19

the old set last me 1year, over 150 autocross laps and 5000 miles street driving.

after a few front to back rotations and also flipping them on the rim, the wear was even across the bulk of the tread with a bit of extra shoulder wear due to camber (and lack thereof)

I have an autocross this weekend, so I'm looking forward to an increase in grip.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
finally had a dry autocross after way too many wet events.
with the new tires and some heat, there was loads of grip.
I took the top PAX spot.

At the time i wasn't satisfied with this run, but i see now there was not much more I could do. (Turn a little harder on the right sweepers, figure out the end slalom better)

here is the run.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Another event, another top PAX placing.

This was a very "Mustang" course. Lots of really tight hairpins followed by straightaways. my best run was a point and shoot style (get it striaght ASAP to WOT sooner) rather than trying to carry any speed through the hair pin corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVspskTqnM

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Had another event.
I've got a new co-driver this season, and he beat me in my own car!!
I actually don't mind, with 2 good drivers in the car, we can use the data logger to piece together more ideal runs, and get faster than we could have alone.
we took 1, 2 in the PAX standings at the event.

Also, i did get a faster scratch time than him, by 0.03s. here is a comparo of those runs.
they are nearly identical. You can tell i can accel out of the corners faster, but he reels me in during braking and turning. Good to know what i should focus on.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
so, since photobucket sucks hard now.

here are all the pics linked from a new source. sorry, im not going back to fix each post.

GmkSlUx.jpg
\
VsjGUk5.jpg

yiYYJkb.jpg

6VxB5ky.jpg

TOY7Cvx.jpg

gYT6QMt.jpg

YwedD4I.jpg

OCvVlpE.jpg

Xynesfu.jpg

3oIWZfF.jpg

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Recently had some big autocross events.

The Canadian Nationals were held in teh Vancouver BC area. There were only 3 people in F street, but we each end up in the top 6, so our class definately was at teh pointy end of the competition. I beat out my co-driver and a M3 to be the F-street National Champ!

Secondly, there was the SCCA Packwood Champ tour. A little bigger class of 5 drivers, (enough to pay full contingency) and very good competition. After day 1 i was 6 tenths ahead of a 2016 Mustang GT and was 0.02s away from top PAX for the day (out of 270 drivers!) I help on to the lead in day 2 and won F-Street. Ended up 4th overall in PAX.

aKELu6cqepkZlMRaKkKXhy8ukl_8NKfaYycudkYD5MBZgLp5Dbg7NL0LrzF2zvIckLA5dIlkuPILbqSO562p7nFgTwvXMuPGC2rx9iKH4bRHJRsZ9ine4MRv2OjBhYUvC1LNJ7jgqysyBjStiIA-tWZTK8mw063q4ECN2X85yWFQDMzOnIOQqMRfr3gwRhGjT5s34o_KIPR4ZTps8aTjWr7KW1c4yXBNUU-_IHiAScCcbFx_FY97d47eW2ihzztLi3p6Bs7k2HG-jDeW6-YVZduclQ1FtZQcMFM5k799sW7lhkwfb3luRmZ6gg5h03wfj-lAe5RVdkSZFnMhaNCWCKpSZYeDueGwJ7fuVt2edXWh-0FPcjrhf3TW_g8vcnjkStEBF9PcN1Gsfhc9LdwQin8k_Idm93Z_uUcNzz_xUYsgdujIZR0BLMSPb-WprL6utUmmrQzFw2Qpdyw91PK57fWAXu-2ls0tt5FkOc_W3BvS0RQi9N2SRkjwKSFM5zqheAyULkpw5NAuYQ8obpTJTNQcYmKGKOFKWlfKmj6aBq3YVXOLLfvOiuuKCmx6zESNg5m1nceCDO5u5U7qo-cpBqLmHK57HxCBRYVrNhjkGLQ7T30YjrnXvU8_B6fZ8K0BCISPlrIhcVby3uJj22jKxfIIV4zAmVismxl99t8=w994-h662-no

here is my Saturday Hero run.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-7J9MYNYQ

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
Wrapping up this thread.
Sold the Mustang.
I'm continuing to race, in a FRS in SSC class.
I have a Focus that I DD.
I miss the HP.

Signing off,
Thenorm

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back