Raxiom Headlights

dustland

Reaction score
My son has a 2009 45th Edition Mustang and he purchased a set of the Raxiom headlights, only to find out once he recieved them they would not fit his car. The reason was because his car came standard with HID headlights and the plug is different. Is there a way to fix this problem or is he not going to be able to use the headlights? Any help would be appreciated.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
Yup you will need a different wiring harness, I have the correct harness, sending you a PM with some details.

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
he's gonna be so disappointed going from HIDs to the cheap halogen bulbs in those lights . I was scared to drive mine at night due to the such low visibility . I actually just installed a set of OPt7 HIDs .. Looks good in the garage , guess i'll have to wait for spring to test em out

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
he's gonna be so disappointed going from HIDs to the cheap halogen bulbs in those lights . I was scared to drive mine at night due to the such low visibility . I actually just installed a set of OPt7 HIDs .. Looks good in the garage , guess i'll have to wait for spring to test em out

I thought so too but Raxiom has LED projection lights now, and they're actually pretty good.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Raxiom makes some pretty kewl stuff, but I'm w/Silverhorse...HID's are pretty awesome. Installed on my truck, motorcycles & now the Bullitt came standard. If you go anything above 6K, they're hella-bright & much cheaper than LED.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Stock HID's from Ford in these cars aren't amazing. Better than shit halogen, but not by much.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock HID's from Ford in these cars aren't amazing. Better than shit halogen, but not by much.
Agreed,

The HID's I paid extra for when ordering my 08 Bullitt Mustang IMHO are a JOKE.
icon13.gif

They are HID but that's all one can say for them as there output is pitiful at best.

I wish there was a replacement LED headlight assemblies that were simply, {Plug & Play}.

Terry

Silverhorse.s197

Glorified Welder
Reaction score
I have a set of ebay lights that i recently added HIDs to .. I purchased the OPT7 canbus version with 5000k bulbs .. Install wasn't bad and so far the light i get in the garage is amazing .

Attachments

• IMG_20170223_183506_821.jpg
    IMG_20170223_183506_821.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 8

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Here's the before & after on my truck (lower bulbs...top are LED DRLs)...huge difference w/night driving.

Before:
IMG_0164.JPG

After:
Lo-beam.jpg

dustyn83

Reaction score
I have a set of ebay lights that i recently added HIDs to .. I purchased the OPT7 canbus version with 5000k bulbs .. Install wasn't bad and so far the light i get in the garage is amazing .

Nice mod. Upgrading the stock headlights is my next project also.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score

Scattered light inside a garage doesn't always translate to a clear beam pattern out in the wild.

PiggityPonyBoy

Reaction score
I actually ran into the same issue with my headlights, but I know a decent bit about electricity and how to solder. An actual wiring harness for these lights would be amazing.until the day they're plug-and-play I guess I'll slice-and-splice haha

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back