2012 Mustang GT stumbling at part throttle

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
When I replaced my passenger's side front O2 sensor I used a 6.2 Raptor's O2 sensor also to get rid of the extender. I'm still using my home-made extender on the driver's side with no problems.....Yet. So a 5.0 F150's front O2 sensor also will reach without an extender if you drop the vehicle's harness down?

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, I swapped the O2 sensors and the lack of afr reading and the code followed the sensor. Got a new motorcraft sensor and replaced the bad one. I also swapped them back to original locations. Car seemed better almost no stumble. Had a datalog running so i ran it up WOT in 2nd gear. Before the car got to it's shift point it fell flat on it's face and lost all acceleration. This happened about 5500-6000 rpm. Got it back home and decided maybe I needed to reset the KAM and do an idle relearn. When I reset the KAM I got a P1639 code. Searched it here and saw it was a VID problem. According to the post I read it sometimes shows up after a KAM reset. Reloaded the tune from Lund and putting it through an idle relearn again. I'll let y'all know if that took care of everything.

Looking at the datalog it shows the afr on bank 1 went to 2.0 when the car fell on its face. Not sure if that was a glitch or what. Hopefully reloading the tune will take care of it.

Last edited:

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I replaced my passenger's side front O2 sensor I used a 6.2 Raptor's O2 sensor also to get rid of the extender. I'm still using my home-made extender on the driver's side with no problems.....Yet. So a 5.0 F150's front O2 sensor also will reach without an extender if you drop the vehicle's harness down?

Yes, if you pull the O2 sensor harness off where it connects to the bolt on the bell housing, it will reach. At least it did with my Pypes and from what I read others as well. The wires are not bolted to the bell housing, if you pull on them they will come off.

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like reloading the tune took care of the lean out that it had after replacing the O2 sensor. I guess something got corrupted in the tune and acted up. Not really sure. Car feels solid again, or at least as solid as it can be in this heat.

travelers

Reaction score

Here is the one I'm using, it had the longer lead. It's been 2 years ago and I think it was at least 18'' long.

8F9Z-9F472-D

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back