1,030 rwhp Procharged GT350

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is just getting absurd.

Making that kind of power and it will still be 100% emissions compliant is crazy! Power is nothing more than dialing up how much you want now.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Even with the 5.2 displacement, flat plane crank and Forged stock internals, that is a far stretch with regard to reliability IMHO. Impressive no less.

Is there any indication if the setup is on E-85? I would have to assume its either being fed cord or race fuel. I don't see 93 octane making that kind of power under those conditions. Locally the highest output I have seen personally from 93 is 750ish RWHP on a 13 GT500 5.8L setup.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
It's on E85, tuned by Rob Shoemaker

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
E-85 is disappearing in my next of the woods. I wouldn't tune or set up for it where I live. I think we are down to 3-4 stations now.

Non-ethanol 89 and 91 are one the rise however. More and more stations have it.

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
well when you've got like what 80,000 to blow why not lmao

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
That size pro charger sound like a jet engine under the hood... sick power, but I can't take the sound... much rather have a big ass PD blower and maybe a nitrous shot

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even with the 5.2 displacement, flat plane crank and Forged stock internals, that is a far stretch with regard to reliability IMHO. Impressive no less.

Is there any indication if the setup is on E-85? I would have to assume its either being fed cord or race fuel. I don't see 93 octane making that kind of power under those conditions. Locally the highest output I have seen personally from 93 is 750ish RWHP on a 13 GT500 5.8L setup.

It's all about the combo efficiency for as far as your fuels octane rating will take you, iat's, compression etc. We got 1017rwhp out of a twin turbo 9.3:1 comp 5.3L 3v at 21psi on 93 pump 15 degrees of timing. Iat's were within 5-10 degrees of ambient of the setup.

I have 93 and e85 tunes for that reason, although if you live near any big military installations they always seem to have e85 pumps around due to them ordering a ton of flex fuel vehicles. It still depends on where you live, but if you look at the industry every year production of ethanol fuel has been significantly increasing in the US.

Last edited:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
It's all about the combo efficiency for as far as your fuels octane rating will take you, iat's, compression etc. We got 1017rwhp out of a twin turbo 9.3:1 comp 5.3L 3v at 21psi on 93 pump 15 degrees of timing. Iat's were within 5-10 degrees of ambient of the setup.

I have 93 and e85 tunes for that reason, although if you live near any big military installations they always seem to have e85 pumps around due to them ordering a ton of flex fuel vehicles. It still depends on where you live, but if you look at the industry every year production of ethanol fuel has been significantly increasing in the US.

just insane power out of a stock engine, on the gt350 chassis no less. my god

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

How do you manage to get IAT's within 5-10 degrees of ambient with 21 psi + 93 fuel ? What's the trick ? How hot is the discharge temp from each turbo, before they combine, and are routed to the air to air HE ?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score

Man that is super impressive to see 1000+ on 93 pump gas. And 15 degrees WOT timing advance on 21 PSI? That is very nice. What type of heat removal system are you using to maintain your IAT's that efficiently and that tight with? No meth or water injection to help with that?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How do you manage to get IAT's within 5-10 degrees of ambient with 21 psi + 93 fuel ? What's the trick ? How hot is the discharge temp from each turbo, before they combine, and are routed to the air to air HE ?

Kit design, turbo size (highest efficiency island on the compressor map), placement(outside the engine bay), water cooling, pipe size/routing, and yes a large a2a intercooler, larger than any standard 3v kit I have seen have. And lower compression for less static cylinder pressure/heat and more area for cylinder fill, was a recipe for serious power efficiently.

Man that is super impressive to see 1000+ on 93 pump gas. And 15 degrees WOT timing advance on 21 PSI? That is very nice. What type of heat removal system are you using to maintain your IAT's that efficiently and that tight with? No meth or water injection to help with that?

Correct no meth, a2a intercooler. Is easy to make a lot more power without needing more octane when you drop compression and keep iat's low.

Last edited:

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^ very well thought out and designed Jeremy. The method and planning you used to get there is as impressive as the number.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back