Brakes Delay

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been noticing something over the past two weeks, and since it's not going away, I should probably address it; that's what I've been told a smart person would do. Well, like the title indicates, I'm getting a bit if a delay in my brakes when they are applied with harder than normal pressure. Under normal braking, everything is fine. However, when I press the brake pedal in slow down in a "not really an emergency, but you need to decelerate at quick rate", I'm noticing that the brakes are not responding as quickly at the wheels. The front and rear pads and rotors are rather new; 6 months old up front and 8 months old on the rear.

I'm going to describe as best I can what occurs. The need to slow down at a quick rate comes up. I press the brake pedal and I feel the normal pressure it gives back. Then it take about a second longer than it use to to apply that same stopping power to the wheels. I haven't looked at the brake fluid level, but I will today after work. So if it's low, I'll add some and see if that fixes the problem. In the mean time, I'm curious to know if anyone else has experienced this issue and what they did to fix it.

Last edited:

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
From what you're describing, it sounds like you've glazed the pads.
Remove the pads and if they have a mirror like shine or glassy look, they are glazed.

Did you bed-in the new rotors and pads correctly?

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Broke them in properly and there's no shine to the pads, they have a matte look to them. My thinking was along the lines of master cylinder issue or possible a brake line problem. Is it possible that a brake line could have a weak spot in it? So when applying pressure to the pedal, that pressure goes to the weak spot first then to the brakes; almost like a bulge in the line? I'm just hypothesizing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back