Engine issues

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
O2 extensions are normally for the rear but some like myself have used them up front. The sensors are the same they just have different connectors. If you cut the tabs on the front sensors you can plug them into the extensions. That is why you have two different colors on the connections. As long as you have them going to the right spots it really doesn't matter.

If you have long tubes you will need them for the front sensors. Most people lose the rears in the tune at that point.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup figured the problem out.

When I cleaned the engine it must have killed an o2 sensor. Then when a friend and I put everything back together (after a minor exhaust update) with new o2 sensors a front sensor connector was accidentally hooked up to a back o2 sensor (with not as wide a range as the fronts) and it's been running g like crap. I hooked everything back up right and it works good.

So lesson, you can kill an o2 sensor by washing your engine bay.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRSoRkM8GcM

If you're going to clean your engine bay, I suggest this method. I love just about everything this youtuber has produced. I've followed a few of his videos including this engine bay detailing method. It works and it's safe on electronics under the hood. It does take a lot longer than the video suggests, but if you're detailing, it's all about that commitment to show quality.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Yup figured the problem out.

When I cleaned the engine it must have killed an o2 sensor. Then when a friend and I put everything back together (after a minor exhaust update) with new o2 sensors a front sensor connector was accidentally hooked up to a back o2 sensor (with not as wide a range as the fronts) and it's been running g like crap. I hooked everything back up right and it works good.

So lesson, you can kill an o2 sensor by washing your engine bay.

If that was true every time you drove in the rain or used an automatic car wash with an under carriage feature it would mean a new O2 sensor.

The real lesson is if a problem arises immediately after you do something, you did something wrong.

explict

Heavy Metal
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If that was true every time you drove in the rain or used an automatic car wash with an under carriage feature it would mean a new O2 sensor.

The real lesson is if a problem arises immediately after you do something, you did something wrong.

Yeah. That's why I said you can not will.
Next time I will be more diligent even though I covered alternator and fuses and never used pressure.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back