First Time To The Track On ET Streets

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'd like to see data showing the difference between a wrapped up and down pipe with a blanked vs a non on the dyno to see the difference in response

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
Don't have factual data, but I can tell you I can no longer feel heat radiating like it was without the blanket and wrap.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I always try to keep my car cool but the starter never seems to be on the same page as me! Lol

Op, cool vids. Looks like you had fun. Good luck this weekend.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly i noticed zero difference in underhood heat going from blanket originaly to no blanket now. I have always had the up and downpipes wrapped though.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/strip.php?item=ETStreetRadialII

The tires were also used. I got a really good deal on them with a set of 17x9 Black Bullitts. Thanks again John!

Lightblade pointed out to me that I need to be launching at a higher rpm. I was really trying to launch around 3-4k but I think I may have been dumping more than slipping the clutch. I've just got a lot I want to try this coming up weekend.

Its hard for me to concentrate on what I want to do because I still get somewhat nervous when I get up there and my heart starts beating all fast.

Just placed my order at np complete performance for a WOT box. I'm hoping I can get it on and working correctly by Saturday. I have off Friday so I should have time to check it out!

Can someone please re watch my video and tell me how how many ms they think I should try first to possibly take the guess work out of this. I know on my last run in the video I fealt like I really banged 4th. It was starting to resemble Justin from JPC's video in the 5.0 except he rowed all of the gears and I got lucky once.

Also for those that have used the Launch Control with a turbo, what RPM are you using?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, the tires you just posted a link to are ET Street RADIALS, not ET Streets (the bias ply tire)

There is definitely some room for improvement in your sixty foot time. I know you don't have drag suspension, but a friend of mine just ran a 1.63 60' time on radials with Eibach Pro Kit springs, so the potential is there.

If you're on the ET Street RADIALS, you need to do a burnout with white smoke to get them hot. Then leave at a high RPM, try 5000rpm, but slip the clutch on the launch. It should definitely pick up at least another tenth on the 60' (two tenths on the big end) with a better launch.

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
Also for those that have used the Launch Control with a turbo, what RPM are you using?

Are you talking about a 2 step? I would set mine to where it makes a 2-3 PSI and go from there. I used to set mine between 3300 and 4000 depending on the track conditions.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Are you talking about a 2 step? I would set mine to where it makes a 2-3 PSI and go from there. I used to set mine between 3300 and 4000 depending on the track conditions.

Thanks Simon, I was thinking of toying around with it, like you said, until I get about 2-3 psi. I'm wondering if the psi on the two step relates to the psi you would normally see during a pull? On the dyno I hit 3psi exactly at 2700. I'm guessing with no load it should be as you said a little higher than that to achieve the same boost?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its more how long you hold it not really load dyno based since the car isnt moving. If you plan to engage the 2-step like at the first amber set it at 4-5K and that will build 2-3 psi really quick.

Last edited:

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
My plan was probably to start it as soon as both lanes are staged! Would that be long enough to get 2-3psi before green at around 3-3500?

Simon

forum member
Reaction score
My plan was probably to start it as soon as both lanes are staged! Would that be long enough to get 2-3psi before green at around 3-3500?

When I rant the turbo and the 2 step I would wait unti I saw the first amber illuminate. Reason being is the time delay from when all staging lights are lit varies. If you you floor it right when the first bulb comes on, then you are being a little more consistant.

As far as for how much boost you will build at a certain RPM, I have no idea. All you need to do is set it, check, right it down and adjust. There will be variables at each track day but they shouldn't be too big.

When adjusting the RPMs, it wasn't like 500 more rpms would give you X amount of pressure. The PSI curve was slightly flat at the lwoer RPMs and then got steep pretty fast. Bottom line, you will have to experiment.

Once you get the correct RPM, launching off the 2 step will take a few things out of your "Ooda Loop" (goggle it if you want to know what that is) and will allow you to concentrate on other variables.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea I think trying to get the revs built up wasn't allowing me to concentrate on letting the clutch out the way I wanted. I was more focused on getting the revs up. Thanks for the help guys!

I just wanted to figure out as much as I could today before I try to put this bad boy on. Its supposed to be raining tomorrow too so I wouldn't have as much time to play as I thought.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Um yeah, depends on how long the guy takes to click off. Just a secnd or too longer and you will be sitting at 10psi lol

ALso turbo manual cars need rpm in the launch i would start at 4000rpms, I wouldnt go any lower.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea I think trying to get the revs built up wasn't allowing me to concentrate on letting the clutch out the way I wanted. I was more focused on getting the revs up. Thanks for the help guys!

I just wanted to figure out as much as I could today before I try to put this bad boy on. Its supposed to be raining tomorrow too so I wouldn't have as much time to play as I thought.

Exactly, you focus on the revs and next thing you know its time to go and you just let the clutch out too fast.

You dont have to launch the car to test it. Put it neutral push in the clutch stab the gas to the floor and see how it builds boost then just let off the gas when your done.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
^^I did that a few times the other night! I think you may be right Jeremy, a 4k 2 step combined with Simons 1st amber would probably put me where I want to be. I'll test it out once I get it installed and go from there. I'll video it to show how fast or slow it spools.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
^^I did that a few times the other night! I think you may be right Jeremy, a 4k 2 step combined with Simons 1st amber would probably put me where I want to be. I'll test it out once I get it installed and go from there. I'll video it to show how fast or slow it spools.

Yeah i mean thats at least a great strating point at the first amber will make it consistent. Plus I think its gay when your watching a track vid and the cars is just sitting there on the 2-step forever(mostly imports do this though lol)

From my experience it pretty much makes boost instantly at least on my setup it does. By the time you hear it engaged and it make 2-3 little pops your gonna have boost. Doesnt take long at all.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I heard someone do it the other night at the track as soon as they were staged. Other dude wasn't even on his first stage light. They ended up letting off and having to do it again----FAIL!

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is the 2-step set at 4k by the time it gets to 4k and starts stuttering a split second later, 2-3psi builds up.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back