First Time To The Track On ET Streets

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Man I wish your car was fixed. So many sweet videos to be had that aren't blare witch worthy! I am banning myself from watching any more until you use the go pro.

That does however spool very quick. Is that with the billett?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well I went back to the track for JPC's track rental on the 2 step. The first run was the best run of the day and I didn't use the 2 step to launch. I ran the [email protected] w/ a 1.689 60'. I did however use the wot shift from 2-3 and 3-4. It is surely going to take getting used to. The other runs I used the 2 step and in my head I can't bring my foot of the accelerator to modulate the fuel after the go light. I kept blowing the tires away. The whole rest of the day I only managed another 2 or 3 1.7xx 60' and the rest were worst!

I also tried to change the launch rpm of the two step and then my computer hosed up at the track and I could only update the firmware and not write to the wot box so I had to shut it off for my last two passes. One of those fealt so good that I thought I had beaten my 11.5 and then I get my slip and see a 12.0 and I almost drove into a fence.

Tech from N2MB was walkign me through reporgraming the unit but it kept failing to update so he said he's never seen it before and will send me another unit on Monday. Great bunch of guys to sit down and help me on a Saturday run through my settings!

Formula

forum member
Reaction score
The other runs I used the 2 step and in my head I can't bring my foot of the accelerator to modulate the fuel after the go light. I kept blowing the tires away.

I have a n2mb wot box with et street radials too. I tried to launch at 3500,4000 and 4500 and blew the tires off everytime. I never even thought to let off the gas some, I don't think my right foot will let me do that. The no-lift shift is beautiful though :)

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea i know exactly what you mean, Lightblade was telling me that you have to end up slipping the clutch enough to not blow the tires off, not smoke the clutch and still get a good hook. I'm thinking that with my turbo as i'm feathering the clutch out I'm going to need to drop the go pedal a little then ease back into it. Shift hard 2nd and wot shift 2-3 & 3-4

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea i know exactly what you mean, Lightblade was telling me that you have to end up slipping the clutch enough to not blow the tires off, not smoke the clutch and still get a good hook. I'm thinking that with my turbo as i'm feathering the clutch out I'm going to need to drop the go pedal a little then ease back into it. Shift hard 2nd and wot shift 2-3 & 3-4

Dont drop the go pedal, since the 2step just made boost this will actuate the bov and you will be starting from scratch again only alittle further down the track which will result in a worse et. If you cant do it with a clutch slip at 4k after you have tried it a bit then i would lower the 2step a little.

The goal is to keep the gas to the foor the whole time. Its basicly making a manual car like an auto at the track not only is this good for times in general but its want you want with a turbo so you dont have to wait for spool off the line and dont loose boost during shifts. With a boosted 2step launch and all shifts wot were talking 2-3 tenths on the big end. Then you will be running as fast as a stalled auto!

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah you build hardly any boost jsut a clutch slip should get things going!

Those 1-2 lbs will keep the car from bogging down and dropping rpms alot at launch.

If you watch you launches with out the 2step it takes forever from the time you leave the line till the time your in full boost and hear the wastegate dumping.

What are your 1/8 mile times? This was a big issue when i had the same turbo you do. I would bog bad out of the hole and 1st gear was lazy I still trapped 98-99mph in the 1/8 but i was running 8.0-8.1s.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I just looked back over the time slips from the Friday before the 2-step, first time to the track with the ET Streets, and my [email protected] pass was a 7.667 1/8th @ 95.29. I backed that one up with a [email protected] pass and had a 7.665 1/8th @ 95.14. 2 of the 6 passes were above a 7.741. Those were 7.894 and 8.042.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah get that 1/8 mile et down a little. With the new turbo and 1.8-1.9 60fts I ran 7.4-7.6 with ease, boost came in so much faster in first gear and that really made a huge difference. Its really the first 60ft and 1st gear that determines the whole run as far as et is concerened, the turbo setup is always gonna be wicked on the top end.

Just a tenth or two off your 1/8 mile and all clean wot shifts and i bet you will get that puppy in the 11.2-11.3 range. Which is about where a stalled automatic turbo car would run with that power.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Yea I'm really considering going to the track the next time and just practicing my launch and keep at it if it feels good or let off if crappy. If I have a shitty 2.0 launch there is really no reason to keep the gas matted and risk breaking something for a 11.9 or 12.0. I mean I know I can bang 2-3 and 3-4. Doesn't take much tallent to do that. Its the launching that gets me every time.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I haven't been since the jpc rental. So my best is 1.689, 1x1.779, and a handfull of 1.8xx's. I may be going this Friday to MIR.

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
They got a track rental from 9 to 5 for 100 bucks tomorrow (Friday). Going to be prepped to the 1/8th.

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
lol, I'm not made of money, I just hustle when I have too. Besides I doubt I can make that rental.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Well I made it to the track again, MIR last night for the War On Wheels w/ T&T. Last night I focused on my launch rather than the green. I feathered the clutch a lot better as the track was hooking pretty well. I managed to leave at 4200 and 4400 on the 2 step.

I pulled a 1.652 60' on my best run of a 11.507 @ 118.36 (which is slower than my normal trap by ~1mph).

My last run I pulled a 1.650 60' and slightly boogered my 1-2 and ended up with a 11.562 @ 119.3x (I can't remember as I didn't take a picture of that slip)

I only have the stock LCAs and UCA on my car. All the suspension goodies are for twisties. This was with my 20's up front and 17x9 bullitts on the rear with a 295 ET STREET

Soooo close to roll bar territory I can taste it!

Last edited:

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
good job bro! you should make the track in October to the Atco Track Rental :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back