Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice shop! What's going inside??

Once I get the lift installed and all the tool boxes, compressor, and all the other crap moved out to it, then I will worry about what will reside in it. Right now the only things that are in there are the 30ft travel trailer, a 5' x 8' utility trailer, a John Deere D170, a couple of work benches, and a couple of shelves worth of Mustang parts. Eventually both Harleys will stay in there and I will probably park the F-350 in there. And I have plans to build another hot rod. Haven't decided what yet. The woman wants to build a 49 Chevy truck. I want to build a blown big block T bucket, or maybe a High Boy. Considering she said absolutely nothing during the Mustang build, I suspect we will be building her truck before I build myself another toy.

Nice Hawg! Is your house no where near the garage or is it the log cabin looking one beside it in a few pics?
House isn't built yet. We decided to build the shop before we built the garage. Bought the property two years ago. Spent the first year rebuilding fences, cleaning up tree lines, and building the driveway. Spent all this year building the shop. Hoping to start on the house by end of Q3 of next year. Have the design figured out and the plans drawn. Just have to get projects and finances in order to get started on it.

We made a Facebook page for the build, you can find it here

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Pics are from right after I did the floor and built a new bench.

bbc15dd504007a56babb3696e5cba43a_zpsd9a132ce.jpg

3849cf78b3ce0726982ad5b6b7548d55_zpsa667e7f1.jpg

45eab5d3da000e29cdf411564cf64fc7_zpsdaf50d8b.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looks good!

Started cleaning up my garage and need to get off my lazy ass and build a peg board.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
House isn't built yet. We decided to build the shop before we built the garage. Bought the property two years ago. Spent the first year rebuilding fences, cleaning up tree lines, and building the driveway. Spent all this year building the shop. Hoping to start on the house by end of Q3 of next year. Have the design figured out and the plans drawn. Just have to get projects and finances in order to get started on it.

We made a Facebook page for the build, you can find it here

Thats basically what my brother did in Montana. He built the smaller guest house first, and they stayed in that while building the main house (which took 2 years). That way they could afford it vs trying to build the big house first.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Here is mine. Still a work in progress.

Shop is 40' x 60' with 15' walls. It has a 6 inch slab, and did pole in construction (which means the building does not rest on the slab) I have two 12' x 14' doors for an RV pull through. Then on one wall I have a 10' x 10' door and a 10' X 16' door. Inside the 10' x 10' door I have two 36 inch squares that go down 5' deep and are filled with rebar so that I can put in a 2 post lift.

7.jpg

I need a garage like these two ^^^^^

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, me too. Really nice guys! I would love to have space for a real twin post lift.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I love having my lift. It makes everything so much easier.

I bet, especially with oil changes. Would love to get one for just that!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I cant wait until my garage is built, stupid fucking weather is delaying it!!!!

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well I gotta do the best with the space I've got so I finally invested in a set of 4 dollies for the Mustang so I can get the car all the way over against the wall. Can't believe how much more space I gained. Next is a BL5000 hydraulic lift where the Challenger sits because there is nothing more I hate than dragging out the jack and fucking with jack stands! With the Mustang against the wall I will actually be able to work on another car in the garage and get around all sides comfortably!

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Been busy lately so I haven't been able to clean them up as much as I would like, but...

Attached
attachment.php

and the detached shop:

attachment.php

Last edited:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Well I gotta do the best with the space I've got so I finally invested in a set of 4 dollies for the Mustang so I can get the car all the way over against the wall. Can't believe how much more space I gained. Next is a BL5000 hydraulic lift where the Challenger sits because there is nothing more I hate than dragging out the jack and fucking with jack stands! With the Mustang against the wall I will actually be able to work on another car in the garage and get around all sides comfortably!

Make sure you post some feedback about that BL5000 as I am very interested as it looks like a nice set-up. I have been seriously considering an EZ-Lift, but this one is much cheaper and does basically the same thing.

An update for my garage as I have been on a vintage tool binge lately that started with this 1950's Sears/Dunlap DP I restored over the past couple weeks. I had to build an add-on bench for it, but now I am rethinking my current layout.

DPcomplete001_zpsd016cc1a.jpg

DPcomplete003_zps07978132.jpg

Here's what is looked like when I picked up on the 16th.

SearsDunlapDrillpress004_zps365b8916.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back