anyone alive in here wtf

12KBCoyote

Boostaholic
Reaction score
So I join the forum to get to know the local coyote owners and each day there are no new posts in any regional forum, did I join a dead forum, where are all the south jersey owners at, where do you talk lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There's a handful or two on the board.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
Am in south jersey- central jersey. Don't think anyone meets anymore, my daughter and friends just facetime. No one knows how talk, that's why phones can text!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kills me how dead the board is, does anyone ever meet up lol

National boards have never been a good spot for local meets. There were a few meets at the track a couple three years ago at Atco

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on a local site in my area. Local meet up activity has dropped off significantly since 2008. Much of it I believe is economy induced. Gas went through the ceiling and people lost their jobs and had to sell off just to keep the house. That has a tendency to stunt one's interest in getting back into the hobby with such a slow economic recovery in this demographic. Life choices with regard to people starting families and having kids now of age to be involved in sports is also effecting participation. My local group (such as it is with active folks) is more about cruise ins and going to the track. There is plenty of interest in car show activities in other circles, but sitting around all day at a car show isn't my idea of a good time. If I do a car show I enter 'display only' and do so to support the cause that benefits from the show. 'Display only' also gives me the luxury of leaving at my discretion. A trophy or plaque only collects dust. Not something I am interested in sitting around all day to receive. Did it a few times with a local Mustang Club and lost interest very quickly.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Facebook has also done a lot of killing as far as forums go.

I don't know if south jersey was ever really "hot" to begin with though. I know back in 1998 there was lots of cars and street racing in Toms River, but that was a long time ago.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back