Hissing/white noise after suspension lowered

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
Gentlemen
Need your help please. I’m having trouble trying to diagnose a noise coming from the rear passenger area of my 2007 GT500 with only 5k miles. The noise that I am hearing is a constant hissing/white noise. It only does it when the car is in motion. It does not go away when applying the brakes or pressing in the clutch. I checked to see if the Ebrake lines were rubbing and that’s a negative. It doesn’t get louder with speed just a consistent noise. I thought it was the caliper rubbing on the brakes/rotors but seems not to be the case? All I had installed were some racecraft lower control arms, Eibach sportline lowering springs, and a racecraft adjustable pan hard bar. All mentioned parts have been on the car less than 100 miles. Is this normal to hear that? I know when messing with the suspension you are going to get a lot of road noise but wasn’t expecting this. If this is normal then I will be fine with it, if it’s not ill be taking It into the dealership to get it looked at since I have warranty on it. I had my son record the noise but having trouble trying to load the video on youtube to post on here. Thanks for your time.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
are the LCAs poly or rod end?

it sounds like just added NVH from the suppension upgrades

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those links just bring me to the home page. If they are spherical rod ends, they pass a lot more noise from the chasis. The stock parts hide the noise.

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
sorry here are the pics attached. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• LCA Racecraft.jpg
    LCA Racecraft.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Pan Hard Bar Adjustable.jpg
    Pan Hard Bar Adjustable.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 111

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
those are rod ends... you'll be hearing a lot more noise as a result. 99% probability that what you're hearing is totally normal.

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
Ok thanks gents I'm definitely liking that they keep me going forward and no wheel hop

black2008gt

GT500 NOOB
Reaction score
Its NVH from the supspesion components. Same noise happened when i upgraded to spherical bushings.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
It only does it when the car is in motion. It does not go away when applying the brakes or pressing in the clutch. It doesn’t get louder with speed just a consistent noise.

Check your rear brake dust shields. They are thin sheet metal and bend easily. You might have done something that pushed one of them up against the rotor.

moser-31-spline-mustang-axle-0510gt-06.jpg

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
Yup that was the first thing we checked. That's a negative on that. Thanks.

thetylerjames15

Reaction score
Similar problem

I have the same type of noise however it only happens when I press in the clutch.. I also have a lowering kit

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back