Has anyone added pins to the 2015+ PCM connector?

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
I'm struggling on this one but I know there had to be a way...

Please shout if anyone knows how to add wires to the 2015+ PCM connector.

Thanks in advance,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
By the way, if this ever comes up for anyone in the future (say future coyote swaps using the FRPP Control Pack which is now 2015 style only), Ford made this a super huge PITA and does not have any instructions or SOP for the addition of pins to the new PCM connector. Mustang PCM connectors from 96-'14 are all very simple to dissassemble (after my failed attempt to maintain 2 PCMs on my current coyote swap I'm pretty sure I could add pins to the old PCM connector in my sleep).

I did find, however, that a 3/32" drill bit can be used to open up the back of the connector (the unused pin slots are blanked off in the plastic molding). Doing it this way, if you are careful, you can still use the pin latches to capture the wire terminal just like it was done from the factory. It's really not very difficult but you need to have a very steady hand with your drill so you don't botch up the adjacent pin holes or drill too deep that you destroy the terminal latch.

Also, the correct pin terminals for the 2015+ PCM connectors is part number: DU2Z-14474-CA

Sold to me from my Ford dealer for the low low price of $6 per single 16 gauge wire terminal for a 5" Wire length. If that isn't rape I don't know what is....

Thanks,
Austin

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back