Omg! Omg! Omg!

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay too much attention to inspectors. Sounds like the roof is fairly new and should last 20 years. You can waste alot of money on a house and not get it back.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
homes are a never ending pit for your money..... there will be times where you'll go a while without spending... but then BAM! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

congrats and good luck Chris

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As my Uncle said to me when my wife and I bought our house..... welcome to your new job. HA!!

Congrats.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Side note...went and bought locks/deadbolts for the 3 entry ways last night.
Never thought owning a home would send you to the poorhouse!
$294 bone for front/back/garage locks & deadbolts!
Still gotta drop about $350 more for matching interior door levers/locks.

You could have rekeyed those locks (if they were all the same kind of key). It's super easy. Just need to have a place that cuts keys cut you new keys to a code you provide. And I think there are places online that will do that now.

Keying locks is a significant part of my job. My house had six locks on it when we moved in and I was handed six keys for my house at closing. Five of the six were the same kind of lock, so I bought one new lock and rekeyed to rest to match.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
You could have rekeyed those locks (if they were all the same kind of key). It's super easy. Just need to have a place that cuts keys cut you new keys to a code you provide. And I think there are places online that will do that now.

Keying locks is a significant part of my job. My house had six locks on it when we moved in and I was handed six keys for my house at closing. Five of the six were the same kind of lock, so I bought one new lock and rekeyed to rest to match.

I was going to mention getting them rekeyed as well. I spent $100 getting this done after my divorce, which included three exterior doors/deadbolts. I think it was a $50 service call, and then $10 per cylinder.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I went with E-Locks on the exterior doors several years ago and don't miss carrying keys at all. Every six months, I reprogram the locks with new codes to keep the key pads from showing any type of wear pattern. The batteries last about three years before giving warning beeps for low voltage. I did not get wifi enabled locks, don't need any hackers trying to defeat the locks.

Thenorm

Autocrosser
Reaction score
I went with E-Locks on the exterior doors several years ago and don't miss carrying keys at all. Every six months, I reprogram the locks with new codes to keep the key pads from showing any type of wear pattern. The batteries last about three years before giving warning beeps for low voltage. I did not get wifi enabled locks, don't need any hackers trying to defeat the locks.

i have e-locks too from Schlage. I had one fail completely once, but lifetime warranty means it. called them and they sent a new lock right away. I didnt even have proof of purchase as they came with the house.

PS they originally sent the wrong color lock, so sent another right after, told me to keep the error.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I handle and key 30-50 Schlage locks a week and just as many Kwikset locks. Schlage's product is pretty nice. Kwikset may have been a good brand at one time, but I think they are junk a cheaply made. I wouldn't use Kwikset personally.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Broke ass bitch now!
Signed my life away today.

Will work for Home Depot or Lowe's gift cards!

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
Don't know if I'd ever go through this headache again...but I'm damn sure excited right now!

I have $35k included in the loan for remodeling. Already have a kitchen cabinet design done, cabinets picked out...going tomorrow to place the order with my contractor. Managed to sell the existing cabinets today, too. They're nothing fancy...just old contractor grade cabinets. Sold them for $500, will use that money to pay for a new water heater.

Going to start a new thread for the remodel progress.
Be looking for it in the next few days...........

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back