Raptor 6.2 O2 sensor used on coyote Mustang

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I've heard from a few people that using a 6.2 Raptor's front O2 sensor on Coyote Mustangs will easily reach most long-tube applications without having to
employ a harness extension. I've also heard that simply unfastening the harness from the top of the trans will allow the use of the factory Coyote's sensor in a log-tube header configuration without a harness extender.

Could someone here with long-tubes confirm either of these scenarios? I'd do it myself, but I'll have to at least let the rear of my trans down to gain access to the damn plug to see. Right now I'm working alot, and of course our Ford store has to order them in, and it's race time for me this Saturday if I can fix this damn problem.

jsquared_25

forum member
Reaction score
I have dynatech long tubes and I had to use the raptor o2's on I believe the passenger side. The driver side would reach by unfastening them from the transmission, but the passenger side wouldn't. I now have them on both sides since my driver side ended up popping.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure about the raptor O2. With unbolting. I realize that the factory design is just that. However, removing the bolts and taking the bracket off of the Transmission Housing will give you more room. It DOES NOT put the harness in any excessive Heat Danger.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
Does it seam kinda DUMB, that the plugs for the O2 sensors are on (TOP) of the trans? Maybe Dumb isn't quite strong enough.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They just clip to the trans, pull them down. Its easy. Also Rockauto has the cheapest price on the raptor widebands. I always keep a couple on hand.

skaarlaj

Reaction score
They just clip to the trans, pull them down. Its easy. Also Rockauto has the cheapest price on the raptor widebands. I always keep a couple on hand.

I had to un-bolt my cross-member, and let the ass end of my trans down to unclip the harness, but it's done now I suppose. Do you have as good of luck with parts store O2 sensors as you do with OEM Ford ones? I've been told by a couple of people to not cheap out and just get oem ones?? If parts house ones are as good, I'll never buy another one from Ford again....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back