Technical Info on 3V Cam Adjusters

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Blow By Racing's Billet 3V Cam Adjusters

The cam gears are constructed from 6061 T6 billet aluminum for increased horsepower and to fine-tune cam timing.

They also offer 15 degrees of CNC-etched adjustments in each direction.

• Advanced
  • Retard

bbr3vcamadj001.jpg

bbr3vcamadj002s197.jpg

bbr3vcamadj004.jpg

bbr3vcamadj003.jpg

If you have any questions regarding these BBR Billet Cam Adjusters, please post up your questions here so that the technical info can be used for future referencing.

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Ooh, very nice. This is something I'll be looking into probably later this year. At least now there's another choice besides the Paschal ones.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
What's nice about these. Is like the lockouts, you can lock out the VCT... However, this will allow you to select the degree you want to lock them out at. The standard lockouts only allow you to fully advance or retard the cam timing. These allow you to choose.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What's the price on them? I wish I knew BBR had some a couple weeks ago when I dropped another $399 for the Paschal ones.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
What's nice about these. Is like the lockouts, you can lock out the VCT... However, this will allow you to select the degree you want to lock them out at. The standard lockouts only allow you to fully advance or retard the cam timing. These allow you to choose.

Would you recommend run these with your Billet Stage 1s, I have been eyeballing those for sometime now and Im pretty certain that when I do decide to order the cams that those will be my choice if I stay with the stock heads.
The power numbers you made with the Stage 1s were impressive and your were sporting similar bolt-ons as I currently have....

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
What's the price on them? I wish I knew BBR had some a couple weeks ago when I dropped another $399 for the Paschal ones.

$375 for forum members

Would you recommend run these with your Billet Stage 1s, I have been eyeballing those for sometime now and Im pretty certain that when I do decide to order the cams that those will be my choice if I stay with the stock heads.
The power numbers you made with the Stage 1s were impressive and your were sporting similar bolt-ons as I currently have....

Our stage 1 cams were designed to work very well with the factory VCT. However, by dialing in your cam timing via tuning with these installed, you'll only pick up power.

converturbo

Reaction score
A few questions

I recently purchased these and I know it is an old thread, but I did not get any instructions with them and there are no degree marks on them. I know how to degree a cam, but is it best to just eyeball the center of the slot to start with? Also should I use anything on the threads to keep them from backing out?

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Your better off with trick flow adjustable crank sprockets as opposers to cam adjusters. There have been failures from what I understand... Lito in particular had a write up on it with pictures of the failure

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
They are a time bomb. Please don't put them in your engine. Adjust with the trick flow crank sprockets as stated.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 for the crank sprockets.

I don't think you will find any satisfied customers with the BBR adjustable cam sprockets.

Did you buy them from BBR or did you pick them up new-in-box privately?
If you bought them from BBR, return them and consider it a win-even if you have to pay a re-stocking fee. If you bought them privately, I am sorry to inform you that you are the bag holder.

converturbo

Reaction score
Thanks man, I bought them from BBR but it has been a while so I may be holding the bag anyway. I will look into the crank gear as an alternative.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back