Thanks Mike!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Me and the GF drove up to MAP this weekend to get my 4.10s installed. Great Price and Great service. Had my car in and out in 3 hours. Great guy to do business with. Gears are nice, too. No whine, lots more acceleration. Best money I've spent on the car yet!!!!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One of the best I know of! Keep him in mind if you need custom tuning.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Probably the best mod for the money..Enjoy!!

For sure noticed more with these than I did with my CAI and Tune and considerably cheaper.

Now to try to get my pinion angle right . . . .

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Actually no, Mike tried to and it kept throwing an Error Code. I tried when I got home and had the same thing happen. Called Brenspeed and they are sending me a new tune with the gears and tires accounted for.

I'm also calling SCT Monday to try to get the problem fixed. Basically, it will upload tunes to the car, but it will not allow me to enter the area to adjust any of my options.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That had to be an interesting ride home with the speedo being off...what did you have in before the swap, 355's?

Do you have a Xcal 2 or 3?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I just used my GPS. At 74MPH on the GPS my Speedo was saying about 88. I have the X3 Tuner.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
14 mph is definitely off, LOL!

Think they will send you a new Xcal?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Not sure, Brenspeed seemed to think that SCT could do a remote fix for it.

Mike said my bearings were shot and my pinion angle was all out of whack. I'm looking at getting an adjustable UCA to fix it, but the thing is I can't figure out why it's so bad. I just have the K springs and the UMI wheel hop kit (fixed LCAs and relocation brackets) Which, from what I've read by most people, shouldn't mess up my angle nearly enough with a stock 2 piece DS to do any damage.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
thats weird for the pinion angle to be off like that

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out what the deal is. Mike said it was at about a +7 and he told me how to fix it, but I really want to know why it's so bad.

I could see where my car had had relocation brackets on it before when I went to install mine. So, I'm thinking that maybe the previous owner has somehow done something to it, but I can't figure out what it would be. Everything was returned to stock as far as I could tell. Until I saw that the car had had relocation brackets on it before, I'd never have had a clue the car had been modded at all.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure, Brenspeed seemed to think that SCT could do a remote fix for it.

Mike said my bearings were shot and my pinion angle was all out of whack. I'm looking at getting an adjustable UCA to fix it, but the thing is I can't figure out why it's so bad. I just have the K springs and the UMI wheel hop kit (fixed LCAs and relocation brackets) Which, from what I've read by most people, shouldn't mess up my angle nearly enough with a stock 2 piece DS to do any damage.
I have a Steeda adjustable upper control arm with the solid end if you're interested?

Earl

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I have a Steeda adjustable upper control arm with the solid end if you're interested?

Earl

I'd probably want something quieter than that one since it's a street car instead of a strip car, but thanks for the offer.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Miss my 4.10s,thinking of doing them in the 5.0 Money well spent IMO,enjoy them!

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Mike did my 4.10's as well a few months ago. Great workmanship!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back