What have you done to your house today

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Bought a new badass pillow. Has cool designs and shit and makes it look like a woman lives here now.

#gameover

Not sure how much longer the Ford GT artwork will remain above the bed.

3u6ygujy.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Laid down some fresh mulch out front yesterday and then marked off an area in my backyard for a patio. I was looking at doing a 23'x8' patio out back with pavers but didn't realize how much of a pain in the ass process it is to lay them down. Have any of you guys installed them before and have any suggestions? I'm up in the air about doing it myself of having someone else do it.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Laid down some fresh mulch out front yesterday and thened off an area in my backyard for a patio. I was looking at doing a 23'x8' patio out back with pavers but didn't realize how much of a pain in the ass process it is to lay them down. Have any of you guys installed them before and have any suggestions? I'm up in the air about doing it myself of having someone else do it.

Pay someone to do the work so you can spend your time finishing your build! Haha. Pavers look nice but I've never tried to lay them out. Looks easy on tv though.

I tore my hands up digging up part of my backyard yesterday. Part of my grass is always dead and patchy. I tried using a handhele metal tilling tool from Home Depot. The ground was rock hard in some spots so the tool was useless. Grabbed a shovel and started digging it all up. Raked up the old dead grass and spread some seed after drenching the area with water first.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ain't nobody got cash fo' dat! I got quoted like $1600 for labor + materials and that's a hefty tag when I'm looking putting on a deck and a fence this spring.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Any of you guys grass or weed experts?? I have this growing all over my front and back yard during this time of year. If I let it go without mowing for over a week, it grows some long ass wheat looking things. It's hard as hell to pull out too. Anything I can do to get rid of it??

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks similar to crab grass. It's all over my front Ard and I can't seem to find anything locally to get rid of it. From my landscaping buddy he told me years ago the best way is to dig it all up. There is too much in my yard to do so.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Same here. I think it's nut grass actually after googling it. It's all over my front and back yard. No way I'm digging it all out by hand.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've read about some industrial shit on amazon. But that shits stupid expensive.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
yeah.. I HATE landscaping..

I have put plants and flowers out two years in a row. to just end up having everything die. hell even two palm trees I planted died this winter (because of temp and they werent cold hardy enough). I just scheduled an appointment to have my front landscaping redone - shits expensive but worth me not sweating and doing crap wrong.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I had to fix my father-in-laws pressure washer since he left gas in it all winter so I decided to test it out and make sure it was 100% by clearing off some mildew on the driveway where our trashcan sits...that made the square next to it look filthy so I cleaned that which made the next square look terrible so I cleaned that which made the next section look like shit...well you get the point. I wound up pressure washing most of my driveway only stopping because it got dark out.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
Put out weed n feed and some fertilizer plus overseeded the front/side yard. Trimmed hedges. Pulled up bush that winter killed. Staining the deck over the weekend hopefully.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
I had to fix my father-in-laws pressure washer since he left gas in it all winter so I decided to test it out and make sure it was 100% by clearing off some mildew on the driveway where our trashcan sits...that made the square next to it look filthy so I cleaned that which made the next square look terrible so I cleaned that which made the next section look like shit...well you get the point. I wound up pressure washing most of my driveway only stopping because it got dark out.

Isn't there a song about that... "one thing leads to another..."

I'll bet your father-in-law appreciated it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back