Low and Slow 5.0 that hauls?

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
Hey S197 Forum, been a while since I have been on here. Back in Oct I decided to sell my Cobra. I got burnt out on the Mustang scene and it was just time to move on (don't get me wrong I really Miss my Cobra and wife's Turbo GT). So the day after I sold the Cobra I bought my 2011 F150 FX2 5.0 that I had been eyeballing. I didn't plan to mod it but just being me I can't leave anything alone!!! So here is a quick time line of a few things I did to her so far.

F-50-3_zpsbf340311.jpg

First got her home and stock form......

Lowered her down by 2 in the front and 4 in the rear.........

So I drove it like this for about month but wasn't happy with the stance still. Before with 2/4 but the front wasn't low enough.

So I dropped the front another inch and give her some rake!! Perfect!

Last edited:

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score

^^^So she stayed like this for a few months with a few minor other mods^^^

Then I decided to pull my taillights and blackout the outter edges to give it a cleaner look.

My tail lights before.....

After with edges blacked out, much better looking!

I started messing with PlastiDip and Dipped my Grille, tailpipe and emblems but the Rims was the biggest change using dip just set the truck off!

Comparison shot to see the difference in the look.

Next up............

Why the hell is the a huge hole in my hood!?!?

Because GT500 hood vent!!!!

My favorite Mod so far!!

Also did some carbon fiber badges.

Dip the outter emblem.

Last edited:

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
So here she is with all current mods done!

Really love the new look with the hood!!!

So that was the short version of all done to the my truck so far, I had some other details I photographed but just wanted to show the major stuff. These are the only pictures I have taken since I "finished" her but the weather hasn't been all that great so more pictures to come. I think this year I will have a Ipad mini custom dash done and that will be it. But next year............BOOST!

Last edited:

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
in the first pic I was thinking why the hell lower a full size truck? I'd want the ground clearance then I after seeing the rest of the pics I say well done, it looks good.

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
in the first pic I was thinking why the hell lower a full size truck? I'd want the ground clearance then I after seeing the rest of the pics I say well done, it looks good.

Yeah guys who lower trucks catch heat until the see the results plus it is a 2 wheel drive so no need for a ton of clearance. I have no issues with speed bumps or other clearance issues. Just wanted a sport truck look and pretty happy with results!

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am with speed freak, first i was like waty to go and lower a truck and screw up its whole purpose but seeing the final result you posted it looks great! I really like the carbon fiber decals a lot and all of the black really breaks up the red of the truck nicely.. Still debating if I love the gt500 vent but I do know that I don't hate it. Job well done man, thanks for sharing. Any power mods in the future?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Only thing I would change is take off the side steps. No need for them being lowered and it would clean it up a bit! Other than that it looks killer!

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
I am with speed freak, first i was like waty to go and lower a truck and screw up its whole purpose but seeing the final result you posted it looks great! I really like the carbon fiber decals a lot and all of the black really breaks up the red of the truck nicely.. Still debating if I love the gt500 vent but I do know that I don't hate it. Job well done man, thanks for sharing. Any power mods in the future?

Thanks, if it was a 4x4 it would lifted but that is so common so for me this stands out more. As for power, I am leaning toward a roush blower for the low end grunt. But haven't put a Procharger off the list yet either.

Not a huge truck fan. FUCKING LOVE THIS ONE!!!
Thanks dude!!

Only thing I would change is take off the side steps. No need for them being lowered and it would clean it up a bit! Other than that it looks killer!
Actually took it off but it just looked like something was missing. I am going to raise it up closer to the body of the truck and paint them black.

Looks amazing. Well done.
Thanks!!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yeah guys who lower trucks catch heat until the see the results plus it is a 2 wheel drive so no need for a ton of clearance. I have no issues with speed bumps or other clearance issues. Just wanted a sport truck look and pretty happy with results!

I think it looks great. I even thought about maybe doing a set of drop shackles on my FX4 but ended up just going a few inches up and going to add a set of 34" tires. Go TVS on it for sure! :thumb2:

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
there's truck thread here, but not a lowered truck thread. might be cool as there are bound to be a few on the forum. maybe i'll start one.

op's truck looks good, but it needs 20" wheels now to help fill the gap. i'll start a lowered truck thread and post some pics of mine there. perhaps.

screamingfast

forum member
Reaction score
I think it looks great. I even thought about maybe doing a set of drop shackles on my FX4 but ended up just going a few inches up and going to add a set of 34" tires. Go TVS on it for sure! :thumb2:
Thanks dude. I want a raptor but don't have the coin for one right now but in the mean time I really love this truck and gets a lot of love in town.

there's truck thread here, but not a lowered truck thread. might be cool as there are bound to be a few on the forum. maybe i'll start one.

op's truck looks good, but it needs 20" wheels now to help fill the gap. i'll start a lowered truck thread and post some pics of mine there. perhaps.
I lowered truck thread would be great!!! I love these rims and was thinking of having the widen to run a wider tire but if not I have a set of 22's in mind:thumb2:
looks great! I love the hood

Thanks!! It was well worth cutting the hood!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back