Forum Vendors

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
So I deliberated with myself on whether or not I should create this post, but I figured, what the hell.

I'm a little peeved about two of our Forum Vendors - AM and LMR.

I was about to place an order with AM, when I remembered we receive a discount for being a forum member. Found the proper person to PM, only to discover that the ability to PM this person doesn't exist, so I did what apparently many others have done and I posted on his forum wall asking for the code. I placed the order a week ago, have now received my products and still haven't heard back. My orders don't keep them in business, but I've done my fair share of being a patron.

As for LMR, I'm about to order a set of wheels, but before I do, I had a question about a line of wheels that used to be carried, but no longer. Just wanting to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

I PM'd our LMR representative a few days ago. No response. I decided to post a reply to their latest wheel thread/advertisement thinking I could make contact there. No response.

I've been in sales for the last 8 years, and while not everyone clearly believes in this, have determined that my attentiveness to customer inquiries and attempts at communication are a vital part of doing business. Hell, it's more commonly than not, viewed as a "buying signal".

If we cannot receive the BASIC customer service from our Site Vendors, why do we let them advertise? I understand that the discounts aren't massive, but at the same time they're allowing us a small portion of free money to purchase from them.

But, again, what's the point of them being allowed to be in our online community if they're just going to be a digital billboard?

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to hear of your issues .
give it a lil more time i am sure they will contact you .
i NEVER had 1 issue with either vendor .
Good luck i hope it all works out for ya .
P.S. in your 8 years in sales i am sure you have got behind and dropped the ball
we all have !

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
We used to have a great AM guy here on the forum but he either got fired or promoted. since then there have been a parade of 'forum reps' who come and go like the wind and disappear completely shortly after making a post to introduce themselves.

Never really dealt much with AMR since most of their products are duplicated on numerous other vendor sites and their site requires me to disable my ad blocker to navigate (at least it did 3 years ago).

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to hear of your issues .
give it a lil more time i am sure they will contact you .
i NEVER had 1 issue with either vendor .
Good luck i hope it all works out for ya .
P.S. in your 8 years in sales i am sure you have got behind and dropped the ball
we all have !

Very true. I have dropped the ball a few times, but it was not for a failure to communicate. I'm one of those guys that will tell you that I messed up, even in my personal life.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The tradition on here is that they generally do not post solicitation in member threads. They have a lot more freedom to do that on other forums and facebook. Sounds like those 2 companies have gotten lazy on here.

I will say BEEFCAKE was super prompt about answering my PM's recently and earned some business as a result.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
The tradition on here is that they generally do not post solicitation in member threads. They have a lot more freedom to do that on other forums and facebook. Sounds like those 2 companies have gotten lazy on here.

I will say BEEFCAKE was super prompt about answering my PM's recently and earned some business as a result.

Yeah maybe so. You know, I've never checked out Beefcake. Perhaps I should.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
They used to answer PM's quickly... Thanks Shaggy.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
best way for a quick answer.... make a call.

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score

Unfortunately, I'll explain here in a bit, this doesn't even seem to work with these guys. In the forum glory days you could PM a forum rep any information and get a lightning quick reply. In fact, you could even PM them to dispute shipping issues, damaged products, or backordered order info. I had a back ordered part from LMR and I PM'd the rep with my name, address, and order info and I got a response a day later saying to call them to get help. I waited on their horrible phone system for 20 minutes before getting told the item didn't come in when they expected it to. And that when I got an automated e-mail saying it was in stock I'd still have to call them to get the order to ship.

If you want fast answers right now, add one of their reps on the Facebook mustang groups. They reply almost instantly.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score

I actually prefer phone communication, but since I normally don't get home until after 7 p.m. and I really shouldn't be making personal calls during the day, I'm not left with many options. Plus my question at this particular point in time was more of a discovery call than actual business to be transacted, and I didn't want to tie up someone on the phone who could be transacting business for LMR.

Unfortunately, I'll explain here in a bit, this doesn't even seem to work with these guys. In the forum glory days you could PM a forum rep any information and get a lightning quick reply. In fact, you could even PM them to dispute shipping issues, damaged products, or backordered order info. I had a back ordered part from LMR and I PM'd the rep with my name, address, and order info and I got a response a day later saying to call them to get help. I waited on their horrible phone system for 20 minutes before getting told the item didn't come in when they expected it to. And that when I got an automated e-mail saying it was in stock I'd still have to call them to get the order to ship.

If you want fast answers right now, add one of their reps on the Facebook mustang groups. They reply almost instantly.

Even though I'm 29, the thought still never occurs to me to participate in company FB profiles. Guess I need to start.

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
So I deliberated with myself on whether or not I should create this post, but I figured, what the hell.

I'm a little peeved about two of our Forum Vendors - AM and LMR.

I was about to place an order with AM, when I remembered we receive a discount for being a forum member. Found the proper person to PM, only to discover that the ability to PM this person doesn't exist, so I did what apparently many others have done and I posted on his forum wall asking for the code. I placed the order a week ago, have now received my products and still haven't heard back. My orders don't keep them in business, but I've done my fair share of being a patron.

As for LMR, I'm about to order a set of wheels, but before I do, I had a question about a line of wheels that used to be carried, but no longer. Just wanting to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Hey OP! Drop me a line so I can get a better idea of what's going on

I've been on S197 for close to 2 years now and I apologize I missed this as I was ill yesterday.

I'd love to get a better idea of what transpired.

My PM's are pushed right to my phone so let me know what's up and I'm here to help you in any way that I can.

Alex

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
As I was about to ask who Kato has tried to contact, Alex comes in!
Alex has been a great help to me many times, I bought 2 sets of wheels through him, plus tires and other things, just over the last 12-15 months.
Kato, give him a chance to make it right

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I have to say. Alex from AM has just gone FAR beyond any expectation I could ever have for customer service.

He more than made the situation right and compensated the whole situation, even though I didn't ask, or expect it.

Absolutely outstanding.

Thanks Alex!

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
As I was about to ask who Kato has tried to contact, Alex comes in!
Alex has been a great help to me many times, I bought 2 sets of wheels through him, plus tires and other things, just over the last 12-15 months.
Kato, give him a chance to make it right

Hey Gabe - Thanks for the kind words and support as always. It's a pleasure working with you and yours. Not too many folks out there that are fortunate enough to share their passion with another like minded individual. And you guys have like, oodles of horsepower in your driveway.

Thanks again for the kind words and keep me in the loop when it's time again.

Alex

AMAlexLazarus

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, I have to say. Alex from AM has just gone FAR beyond any expectation I could ever have for customer service.

He more than made the situation right and compensated the whole situation, even though I didn't ask, or expect it.

Absolutely outstanding.

Thanks Alex!

KatoS197

Thank you for the kind words as well sir. I hate to hear our customers having a bad shopping experience with us.

I came here with a problem and left with a job some years back and was so blown away with how the company operated that I knew I needed be on board with a group like this.

We'll bend over backwards to ensure that everyone is beyond happy with not only their parts but our service as well.

If there's ever anything else I can help out with please feel free to reach out, I'm a PM away.

Alex

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
About that wheel & tire giveaway.....hahaha jk

Thanks for everything Alex! Tremendous service!

KatoS197

Thank you for the kind words as well sir. I hate to hear our customers having a bad shopping experience with us.

I came here with a problem and left with a job some years back and was so blown away with how the company operated that I knew I needed be on board with a group like this.

We'll bend over backwards to ensure that everyone is beyond happy with not only their parts but our service as well.

If there's ever anything else I can help out with please feel free to reach out, I'm a PM away.

Alex

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Hey Gabe - Thanks for the kind words and support as always. It's a pleasure working with you and yours. Not too many folks out there that are fortunate enough to share their passion with another like minded individual. And you guys have like, oodles of horsepower in your driveway.

Thanks again for the kind words and keep me in the loop when it's time again.

Alex

You're welcome and thank YOU again!
Have you seen the pics of the new wheels installed?
I plastered pictures across like 3 threads, lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back