1st Time buyer

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
Looking to put together a kit, looking for some Ideas, I'm thinking porter cable 7474 or Chemical guys torx 10x.

After that I'd like to apply Polish angels stuff.

Oh and I've read the stickys, but its kinda old and I figured it was outdated.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Not really outdated, and there's about 30 more pages of threads in this section. Stay away from the GQ Torq and either go with the Griot's orbital or the PC 7424.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
kona302:

28ONE is a great resource for detailing info here on the forum.

There's also a lot of good info in this sticky:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40276

I personally used up to three different pads, depending on how much "cut" I want/need. (how bad is your current paint condition?)

Also FWIW, I am a newbie to "real" detailing, and I use the PC 7424 with great results. It's very user friendly, but I am not sure about the warranty, as I picked it up "gently used" from another forum member.

Last edited:

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I have used a couple different models and have been very happy with my griots, I suggest buying the one with the 25' cord.
Pads you will need to experiment with and find what works for you and the products your using. I bought a couple of each and then went back and bought more based on what I was going to use on the car

kona302

forum member
Reaction score
kona302:

28ONE is a great resource for detailing info here on the forum.

There's also a lot of good info in this sticky:

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40276

I personally used up to three different pads, depending on how much "cut" I want/need. (how bad is your current paint condition?)

Also FWIW, I am a newbie to "real" detailing, and I use the PC 7424 with great results. It's very user friendly, but I am not sure about the warranty, as I picked it up "gently used" from another forum member.

There are some bad scratches and swirls in some areas, one in particularly was not cause by me, well kinda. I had the right rear quarter panel replaced because I was rear ended. And it never looked as bright and clear. So now I want to correct it.

themoose06

forum member
Reaction score
There are some bad scratches and swirls in some areas, one in particularly was not cause by me, well kinda. I had the right rear quarter panel replaced because I was rear ended. And it never looked as bright and clear. So now I want to correct it.

They might not have wetsanded well. Post paint job, from what I was taugh, the paint will need to be wetsanded and then compounded/polished. Car probably could be clayed, you'll have to feel the paint and gauge that out. PC 7somethin XP isn't half bad. I have one and its worked some real wonders on my paint and cars i've worked on. Chem guys v-line isnt bad, I think it's $50 and is a good beginner line. If you want it to be more bright than you may want to pickup a glaze to apply post compound and polish.

This pic is after using a simple all in one polish/sealent from chem guys. My grandfathers car had horrible oxidization on his car, gone now.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back