Advice Please!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
^ I told myself I wanted to buy just one new vehicle in my life so I can go threw the new car dealer experience. New car smell. Ect. ext. I know those of you who have done it will say it's overrated and such, but I would like to just do it just once. Not saying it has to be a new S550 or anything. Though since im in the market (possible) for a new Mustang. Why not? (Hence this conversation). Though I would like a f250 at some point soon as well...

Can't knock a man for that. New car smell, burnt rubber, Race fuel exhaust, and the smell of the first spring rain..........only thing better was the smell of Thanksgiving at grandma's house.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Last Thursday a buddy sends me a pic of a 16GT auto with 380 miles on it at the dealer. Its black on black with the black out package and a shit ton of options. Some rich guy bought it and drove it for a week then traded it in on a Shelby. Car sat on the dealers lot for 5 months.

Friday I go to drive it, they are asking $33k. It feels slow compared to my car but I know the potential is HUGE. I offer them $30k checkbook in hand. They come back saying they are losing $4200 on the deal and dont counter offer. I hand the guy my card and tell him to call me when he wants to sell the car. I wake up Saturday really wanting the car. I so wanted to call and just buy it but I gotta get something off the price...LOL I know $33k is a steal but your suppose to negotiate the sale. I call Monday and the car had sold Saturday. I was so bummed....and still am now. That was a huge opportunity to get into a brand new car (380 miles) for a great price.

I then start my seach for another one. Every dealer in HI wants huge money. Out of the door for a GT auto premium is $41-43k. The interiors of the new cars are spectacular. My car is 06GT deluxe...IE patheitic looking compared to the new cars. Yes I have made mine as good as you can its still not as sweet and the new ones.

I did find a 14 Cali Special GT with only 2600 miles asking price of $30k. Im not sure I want it..price is high and its too much like my 06 just fancier. I really like the new s550 but will not pay that $41k+ price. Im gonna wait for a low milage used one or possibly get that 14 Cali Special. I plan to keep my 06 as my drag car as its setup perfectly and runs low 12s consistantly.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
^ I told myself I wanted to buy just one new vehicle in my life so I can go threw the new car dealer experience. New car smell. Ect. ext. I know those of you who have done it will say it's overrated and such, but I would like to just do it just once. Not saying it has to be a new S550 or anything. Though since im in the market (possible) for a new Mustang. Why not? (Hence this conversation). Though I would like a f250 at some point soon as well...

Based on this post, I would say go buy a NEW 2016 now. Since the 2017s have hit the lots, the deals on the leftover 2016s are awesome. And the changes between the 2016-2017 models are minimal.

I am sorta in your shoes...I really want an S550, but my car is paid for, and I don't want a payment. And I still dig my car pretty well. I think I'm gonna keep it for at least one more year.

But those 2016 deals sure are tempting...

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score

I got a 2008 F150 brand new. Its a fun experience. But guilt starts to set in when you realize the value drop of driving it off the lot. Then you read the whole contract and just let those numbers like interest and taxes set in.

I will probably buy new again one day. But I have to have enough money to truly not care.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I got a 2008 F150 brand new. Its a fun experience. But guilt starts to set in when you realize the value drop of driving it off the lot. Then you read the whole contract and just let those numbers like interest and taxes set in.

I will probably buy new again one day. But I have to have enough money to truly not care.

This definitely makes a lot of sense, but a few things to note. You only pay interest on the difference between the Trade and the Purchase price of the New Vehicle. 0% interest essentially nullifies the real deprecation you would face, because you're constantly paying down the principal amount (Ford is currently offering 0% for 72 months).

I bought a 2016 Silver GT with the Performance Pack 2 weeks ago. I trade in a 2015 Camaro ss (got 25.5 for it) and paid 30.2 for the Mustang (sticker was 35.7) so I paid less than $450 in taxes and with 0% interest, I saved a ton on interest over the life of the loan, including the negative equity from the camaro (I was paying 4.9% on the Camaro). My payments went down 60 per month and I'm driving a much better car.

A new 2016 is probably the move, if you're going to finance anything at all.

Charles

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Alright. Well update to a old thread. I'm keeping the 3v. Going to put a deposit on DOB's stage 1 kit and piece together the rest. Wife made a good point as to dept and what I want to do with the car.
I pUT up my GT for the winter this week and it looks like I only put 241 miles since the last time I had to garage it for the winter. (I work a lot) So next question is what does everyone like for handheld tuners? I'm pretty much stuck on the SCT Livewire TS or some form of SCT. Was looking at the wireless ones from Bama but it doesn't seem like it's worth the money because I won't be running their tunes.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back