Best lightweight garden hose?

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I've spent hundreds of dollars on hoses over the last 5 years and just can't find what I'm looking for. They're either kinking up mofo's or they're heavier than hell. I tried one of these lightweight expanding/contracting hoses and it was a real POS. Thew it away. Two weeks ago I bought a lightweight non-expanding hose from Lowes. Some kind of plastic inner tube covered by a canvas outer layer. It's exactly the type I'm looking for, but after two uses the faucet end of it blew off the fitting - obviously not crimped properly.

I'd pay good money for that style of hose that actually works and lasts. Anybody know where I can get one? Lugging around heavy ass kinking rubber hoses is one of my pet peeves that really pisses me off. I need something really lightweight that won't kink.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
Appreciate the link, but I'm looking for one of those lightweight hoses that lays flat (or totally deflates) when water pressure is removed. A 50' hose weights something like a pound and a half.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
I should have done a little better with my first post, sorry Skwerl. I've looked locally and on Amazon, and the "residential" ones all seem to suffer from poor quality and bad reviews. I was hoping there was some kind of "industrial quality" hose out there that isn't online or in the local stores - some secret that everyday people don't know about.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
havnt looked into it, but id imagine industrial settings probably wouldnt use the collapsible hoses or care about weight. They probably want a bigger heavier one, less chance for damage to pierce the hose and have to get a new one constantly

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
havnt looked into it, but id imagine industrial settings probably wouldnt use the collapsible hoses or care about weight. They probably want a bigger heavier one, less chance for damage to pierce the hose and have to get a new one constantly

what kind of hoses do fire fighters use? aren't those collapsible? I wonder if there is a civilian version of those kinds of hoses...but then thinking about it, you'd need high water pressure for something like that.

I found this, called econoflo, but it's not available.
Amazon.com : Econoflo 100' of 3/4" Lightweight GHT Fire Hose - each : Saddles : Patio, Lawn & Garden

edit: I found another site that sells it:

http://www.firepenny.com/Neidner_EC.../nd-2463.htm?gclid=CIrygcyfjNICFQiBswod--QOZg

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
True...dammit
But I'd imagine a garden size hose made like fire fighter hose is $$

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back