Modified 05-09 Zimmer Base Turbo Kit

Lowfast

Just another idiot
Reaction score
You have a built engine correct? It looks like boost comes on fairly early around 3500 rpm. Is it fairly progressive, this would be used for occasional autocross so having a fairly smooth boost curve is prefered. Currently and for the time being the engine will be stock internals, although in the future it may get fortified. Sorry if any of these questions are stupid.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have a built engine correct? It looks like boost comes on fairly early around 3500 rpm. Is it fairly progressive, this would be used for occasional autocross so having a fairly smooth boost curve is prefered. Currently and for the time being the engine will be stock internals, although in the future it may get fortified. Sorry if any of these questions are stupid.

No worries, yes, my engine was built before I bought the turbo kit.

Turbo's aren't generally the first choice for autocross. Although, 8 pounds on a stock engine would probably be fun. Can't imagine iat's would be an issue at that boost with this intercooler.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score

If your wanting to control the boost curve you would want to have a controller on it. Most end up getting one.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OK, adding the following used parts to kit.

AEM air fuel gauge. What you see is what you get. The 2 posts on back had to be removed to fit my triple pillar pod. This gauge will need to friction fit whatever pod you mount this in. Was working perfectly when removed for my dual bank a/f gauge.

Used Turbosmart dual boost controller. What you see is what you get. You will need to purchase vacuum tubing, wiring and a switch to properly utilize this controller. It allows you to tune your car for 2 different boost settings.

For example: normal day to day boost on pump, then get to track and upload race gas tune and flip switch to higher boost setting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back